Notices

Your Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2002, 09:52 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Legacy RS 1991 and i also have a 1992 Legacy estate but as i am sure you are all aware the RS model comes with a limiter.

I have a chip fitted in the ECU of Estate but the chip will not fit the RS due to a different type of ECU board.

My question is: Can i fit a UK spec ECU so that i can install the chip and will this remove the limiter?????

Any help please.

Dean
Old 20 May 2002, 06:06 PM
DGRALLYING
Scooby Regular

Top ;D
Old 20 May 2002, 06:36 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

If its just the 110mph limiter, then a simple mechanism on the speedo cable would be more easier and cheaper to fit in. If you're talking about the fuel cut, then an FCD would work wonders. I'm not so sure what you're talking about. Sorry.
Old 21 May 2002, 01:00 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

A replacement ecu will remove the speed limiter, not sure what one you would use though. I have driven both a 90 RS, and my own 92 UK estate, and the RS brain definately has a better map inside, smoother power, higher rev limit etc, so this would be worth keeping. I have tried a 93 WRX brain in my estate, and it went a lot slower, and not surprisingly when it did eventually hit 110mph or so, it cut out. The wrx ecu was quickly removed. You can buy simple devices to remove the speed limiter, I reckon this would be your best bet. Although it is a speedo cable car, the ecu is still sent some form of signal to know what speed the car is doing, so an electronic de-limiter should still work. Removing the speedo cable will work for a while, but fault codes will start appearing.