Notices

What next ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2013, 03:40 PM
Shaggywantscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next ?

Afternoon ladies and gents, looking to take up some of your time to see what you think I should do next

So for the car I have a subaru impreza WRX 2003 Blobeye

Modifications so far :

Induction kit
Full exhaust system
Boost gauge
Ecutek remap running at around 285bhp

I'm not looking to gain more power more looking to make modifications to improve longevity of the engine, ride comfort/handling.

I have done a lot of reading and seen a few things I.e sti injectors and TMI but not sure I need that as I think the stocks are good to 300bhp but could be wrong what do you think ?

Sorry for all the questions new to scooby's but If there is one thing I'm sure of I'm glad I turned to the dark side haha awesome drive and excitement if if they are a tad expensive hehe.

Anyhow hope your all well and thanks for your time have a good Easter

Dan.
Old 28 March 2013, 04:44 PM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

the big question is, how much do you want to spend?

as suspension can very very expensive if you want the top spec stuff.

if your current suspension is good, then imo i would start with the brakes and tyres. bigger/better brakes will allow you drive faster knowing that you can slow down faster, brake later etc. and you will need good tyres to obviously grip the road...

after that, anti lift kits, strut braces, anti-roll bars, adjustable tca's etc etc etc

after that i would then look at upgrading the springs and dampers, but as i said, how much do you want to spend?

you did mention comfort tho, if you start making the car stiffer to handle better then you will sacrifice ride comfort.
Old 28 March 2013, 04:51 PM
Shaggywantscooby
Scooby Regular

Money isn't that much of an issue as I will modify over time when I can afford it, I was actually looking at brakes next but wanted to see if there where any internals engine wise that I would need to do with what she is running at first, but if engine wise she is fine then I think brakes are deffo next any recommendations ?

Cheers

Dan.
Old 29 March 2013, 12:34 AM
Fudgey
Scooby Regular

Again, money dependant and what size wheels you have.

If 18s then 356mm ap racing 6-pots will be pretty brutal lol.
If 17s then 330mm
Old 29 March 2013, 12:53 AM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

As far as suspension goes I would consider replacing all the rubber suspension bushes, as they are 10 years old and have more play in them with powerflex or equivalent, then get a full geometry setup done. The difference is well noticable. A brake upgrade either just pads, pads and discs or a big brake conversion. But you need to see if you need bigger wheels for a brake conversion, a set of 17's off an STi and a STi Brembo setup would be the easiest. A suspension upgrade ranging from lowered springs, springs and adjustable shocks all the way upto coil overs. So with better brakes and a decent suspension and setup you would give a high bhp car without brakes and suspension to match a good run for it's money. Then look at power upgrades..
I upgraded my brakes, fitted powerflex bushing aslround, fitted coil over suspension and a load of Whiteline bits before I pushed the power upto 400 bhp then upto 440bhp as I am currently running on my Bug STi.

Last edited by 360ste; 29 March 2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 29 March 2013, 02:23 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

STI TMIC or STI Pink injectors you don't need now,if you will be looking for more power at future(with turbo upgrade) yes I would say yes I would recommend

Brakes,at your level would say best for money will be like as above Brembo with good disc and good pads(personal preference are PF Z-Rated pads) with good brake fluid and you have great combo like for track or fast road

Yes AP are awesome,but they're cost,we are running K-Sport 8pots which are great brakes for money and offering great braking

Springs/shocks vs Coilovers,many people prefer coilovers,but I would recommend at least try some before you are commend to buy,same I would say with shocks/springs.

As above sad,polybushing will help plus front and rear ARB(Anti Roll Bar),roll centre if is yours car lowered and good wheel alignment setup and you will have great car

Jura
Old 29 March 2013, 06:20 PM
Shaggywantscooby
Scooby Regular

Well spot on reply from all that has really appreciate it and will deffo be looking into getting all this started like i said the power side really dosnt worry me as it is plenty quick enough for me personally and brakes will be first followed by all the suspension ARB's etc etc spot on stuff lads

watch this space haha