Notices

cat for mot time

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2013, 05:36 PM
j976rna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat for mot time

ive got a 2003 blob wrx, which has had all three cats taken off, and a blitz nur spec r system put on, .
Im a but concerned come mot time,because the previous owner gave me the standard exhaust, but after a bit of research, its only the backbox and centre section that looks like a cat, but its just a resonator.
If i bought a cat, which one of the three would be easiest to put on for mot?, and would it fit with the nur spec r? Or would i have to put the rest of the standard exhaust on?
Or has anyones actually got through the emissions with no cats?
Old 16 March 2013, 08:51 PM
jimnco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a classic shape wagon that was de-cat was a nightmare to get through the mot I managed to but a cat off ebay for £30 but the lambar sensor was (1) in a different place and (2) different connection fitting.exhaust fitted fine thou, anyway I ended up fabricating the sensor costing me further £200!! all in all It would of been cheaper (and a whole lot easier) just to but a sports can so if you are planning on keeping the car for a while my advice it to buy a sports cat pal
Old 16 March 2013, 11:06 PM
paul98typer
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used to put my oe downpipe back on for the mot, 5 min job if you have access to lift and the bolts don't need heating up. had to get the cat nice n hot to pass mot and tried it without but wouldn't pass without cat.
As above get a sports cat or it you want to keep full decat you'll have to put up with putting cat back on before mot.