Notices

Wierd Fuelcuts?

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2013, 03:48 PM
Woojen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd Fuelcuts?

Hello there, first of all my English isnt very good but i will try to discribe the problem as good as i can.

It all started yesterday evening when i did launch on first gear, no "kamikaze" start but yeah i did rev out 1,2,3 and almost 4th gear and when i was breaking in the Check engine lamp came.

Pulled over to the side and went to check under the bonnet, at this point the engine idle was very unstable, like reving between 600 and 2000rpm to keep itself alive.
First i thought it was a intercoolerpipe or so that had got lose but it was the AFM cable that wasent pluged in proper so when i pulled it and "shaked it" the enigne started to get good and stable idle again.
Check engine lamp did aswell get off at this point.

after another 5-10 min driving i was going to rev some but it started to cut again when boost was about 0,3-0,4 bar. But this time the Check engine lamp dident go on.
So my first thoughts on this was the ECU had gone to some Limp mode after the AFM cable got lose.
Went to the Garaget and Reseted the ECU by a guide where u did connect a couple of green and black cables (i guess you know this guide) and the ECU restarded and all seemed to be fine!
The car went good as it always had for the rest of the evening.

So today on the way to the garage from the car wash it started to do even harder fuelcuts, at this point i pretty much couldent even touch the pedal.
have had this once before when it came alot of water on my Air filter. so i pretty much went 1500rpm to my garage from the carwash.
A couple of hours later i was about to go home and it all was back to normal again, never tried to do any pulls tho but when i was like 5 mins from my house i was about to do a pull and it started to "lag" again so i pulled over and checked everything in the enginebay and it all seemed to be fine, restarted the car at this point and it worked and i did a pull and reved out 2nd and 3rd gear without any missfires or cuts.
Back to normal driving again for a couple of minutes and tried to pull and then it "fuelcuted" and laged again so for now it seem to be a little random when it works or not?

Any ideas on what it could be? or could it just be water in my Air filter that is the problem for now?

best regards
Old 03 March 2013, 03:50 PM
Woojen
Scooby Regular

Ohh and sometimes the cuts or missfires / whatever it is is so intense so it cant even build 0,1 bar boost.

and the next time you try its all back to normal :/
Old 03 March 2013, 05:24 PM
Woojen
Scooby Regular

Uppdate: took it out for a spin now and it works perfectly fine... this is making me really confused xD! i guess its a transformers ive got my hands on...

Still would be nice to hear what you think caused the missfires/fuelcuts or W/E it was