What to do next

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2013, 08:42 AM
chasey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do next

Hi

I've got the apexi ecu and commander in my V3 sti, running my built EJ257. I'm getting a six speed fitted next week and this means more power lol. It's currently running 313 and 365lb which does feel good but as everyone else I just want a little more.

The thing is do I sell the apexi and buy another ecu, what are the benefits of having a simtek or syvecs over the apexi. I don't want to go mad or push the engine to its limits I'm after reliable fun. Are these ecu's worth the extra £££ or are they more for the higher power builds.
Old 23 February 2013, 12:09 AM
stedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the syveks is generally for bigger power builds because it aint cheap, alot use the simteks, i dont rate the old one but the new one has alot better specs. i would consider an esl board, i`m running one on mine, cant knock it and a hell of alot cheaper, great customer service aswell.
Old 23 February 2013, 06:17 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

There's cars with the apexi ecu and commander set up running 500 bhp.so really there's no need to upgrade to another ecu unless you are looking a specific feature that the apexi does not cater for.SJ.