Notices

Engine refitting and clutch troubles!

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2013, 06:38 PM
adz556
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine refitting and clutch troubles!

Evening

I posted up last week trying to work out why when I refitted my engine the clutch didn't engage. I found out that I should removed the release bearing from the clutch and fitted it to the gearbox with the fork fitted before reassembly.

My next question is now I've removed the engine again, how do I remove the release bearing? Is brut force the answer?

I'm also concerned if I broke anything whilst the clutch fork was in the wrong place.....anything I should check?

Final question, should the release bearing when fitted to the clutch be 'loose'? As in I have the clutch off the car, should the release bearing be able to move in and out a couple of mm as well as spin?

Really appreciate the help!

Adam
Old 15 February 2013, 07:31 PM
redace
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adz556
My next question is now I've removed the engine again, how do I remove the release bearing?
It takes seconds and all you need is a flat blade screwdriver. You put the flat blade of the screw driver between the bearing and the sprund retaining clip of the clutch and twist the screw driver while gentaly pushing the bearing towards the clutch. you only push the bearing towards the clutch to get it to move inward that few mm you talked about and then allow it to move away as you turn the screw driver. hope that helps

Originally Posted by adz556
Final question, should the release bearing when fitted to the clutch be 'loose'? As in I have the clutch off the car, should the release bearing be able to move in and out a couple of mm as well as spin?

Really appreciate the help!

Adam
Thats normal mate