HDI ebc fitting

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2013, 11:08 PM
nowellyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDI ebc fitting

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum so first things first a big hello too everybody on here.

Iv recently purchased a Hdi ebc for my 96 impreza classic prior to having it mapped by JGM and was wondering if anybody have fitted this or know much about fitting.

Reason being that the instructions that came with it are pretty slim and when i came to wiring it i hacked into the harness for the turbo timer as its connected through the ignition.
When the ignition is turned to the on position 2 pretty blue lights show up on the ebc which then in turn allows you to switch between lo & hi settings of the adjustable ***** but when i then turn the car on these blue lights switch off so im not sure then if thats correct and am able to set the boost up or down.

Iv never had an ebc in the past so any info would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks.
Old 23 January 2013, 12:05 PM
nowellyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for the log info my friend much appreciated

The model i have is the sbc-d-se and it comes complete with the 3 port solenoid so i bypass the factory one.
I tested the power on the car for the switch live, constant live & earth and wired up to them through the turbo timer harness but the thing that got me wondering was that the blue lights go out when the car started.
You are correct about the two buttons and only use the one and yes it does switch lights when you press the top one for lo & hi settings.

Well the car is gonna go for mapping pretty soon so hopefully it will be tested fully then to see if its working as it should.

Thanks again matey.