Notices

Liability Question??

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2012, 12:35 PM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Liability Question??

What liability does your mapper have if they over do (cook/goose/fnck) you car up?

What i mean is, you take a working, 4 rodded, knock free, in tact gasket, etc etc car with a few mods to be mapped and a day/week after the car dies a death?

I think you get the general idea?

Thus what liability does the mapper have if they do it wrong....?

Feel free to word this better?

(FYI my mapper is great, and i've never had a problem)
Old 19 December 2012, 01:00 PM
wms-racing
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say none, it would be hard to prove they have caused the failure. I would say that any decent mapper will put a degree of safety in the map, unless you both agree to push it to it's max, but thats your choice.
Old 19 December 2012, 01:09 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

as above, depends if it could be proved that that was the failure. A reputable company will more then likley stand up and sort if its there fault unless they have a good reason not too. Cars that let go during mapping tend to show signs before hand and the company/mapper will terminate the pull and warn the owner of the risks involved. If the owner still says ok then its on there own head.

there was a company that operated in the mids a few years back, blew up 7 of 20 cars they mapped, none of the owners ever saw a penny in compensation.

first guys car that went they said they would stand up and sort the bill, then week later they turned aroudn and said they would pay half, then week later only £400, then nothing. Out of those 7, 5 sold there cars and have not had another scoob

but i also know a company that did have a failure during mapping, they couldn't figure out what had gone wrong and if they were to balme so stood up and sorted it for the person in case it was there fault.