Notices

Classic vs newage? Mod or buy another

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2012, 06:00 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic vs newage? Mod or buy another

I currently have a uk2000 turbo in dark mica blue 95h. Its a lovely clean low Mileage looked after car. My00 (W reg). Looked at loads and took my time before buying this one from a mate. Main reason I brought this was it was untouched 99% standard.
I was planing on keeping it this way and just looking after but, as you know a few little touches makes a lot of difference. My issue now is that I want to do fit a vf35, sti v8 tmic,fit brembos, sti v8 front seats to bring her up to date. I brought a uk car as I was 21 and insurance woudnt cover me in a jdm sti 5/6. Should I sell the uk car now I am 23 And get a sti classic or Save up and get a newage sti blob with the spec I wanted for my classic. Growing up it was always a classic I wanted but spending more time on here and around other scoobys I actually like the bug,blob and hawks. In recent years the classic has gained a chav image, my Mates all run newer cars but I forget that when I'm driving mine. Has anyone made the move to a newer one recently?
Old 03 November 2012, 09:16 PM
shaunus1981
Scooby Regular

I was going to move to a newer one but stuck with my2000 W reg in blue also put a little money into it vf28 blob eye Sti tmic k&n induction kit full decat turbo back and ecutek remap got the final figures yesterday 308.6bhp with 310ft lb of torque it's amazing now transformed it what a difference
Old 03 November 2012, 09:31 PM
Irontusk86
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So cars with bonnet scoops/vents and oversized spoilers have only become "chav" in recent years?

Seeing as they've been around for 20 years now as recently celebrated, surely the classics are deemed as cars for enthusiasts or fans of the motoring/rally heritage?

I think it's more the owner than the car he's driving, so if you care that much about what other people think maybe you should buy yourself a 320i or some audi (they all look the same) to "fit in"
Old 03 November 2012, 10:14 PM
blackvenom
Scooby Regular

I actually come from a BMW 328ti. Think I will put money into the classic
Old 04 November 2012, 10:55 PM
b3nmw
Scooby Regular

I used to have a v3 Sti type r. It was a beast and relatively standard however the engine went. I now have a blobeye Sti. The new age is a better car but if you want a rush then stick with a high spec
Classic as the new age is heavier