Notices

Cat back for my 93 impreza WRX

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2012, 10:18 AM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat back for my 93 impreza WRX

Hi all - I'm looking to purchase a new cat back for my 93 wrx import next week, budget for it is around £220 i'm after a nice deep loud one that will pop quite often (ive already got full de-cat but i have a v quiet scorpion catback)
At the mo ive got 2 i'm thinking about, the afterburner vortex. or cobra sport does a race tube (which i think that will just be pathetically to loud at 105 dbs!) does anyone on here no of any other nice loud cat backs? Is the afterburner vortex one of the better ones around? cheers ppl
Old 30 August 2012, 10:40 AM
nickscooby
Scooby Regular

TSL Firestorm probably one of the loudest or Blitz Nur Spec R. I had a Hayward and Scott System on my last car and was bloody loud and really aggressive sounding.

I've got a Japspeed on mine and before i wrapped it it was loud but too loud and gave a good sound not just volume.

(unwrapped on last car)

if you just want it as loud as possible the the Cobra race tube or a RCM Team Ice but expect agro from neighbours!
Old 30 August 2012, 10:54 AM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

i like the sound of that haywood and scott exhaust, do you have any idea what this afterburner vortex is like mate? ive heard a couple of youtube clips from it, But its hard to really tell from them. I'd love a blitz nur spec r but thats going out of my 220 price range
Old 30 August 2012, 11:37 AM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

the race tubes are v.v.loud
Old 30 August 2012, 11:51 AM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

Yeah, I do want something that is loud, that will quite often pop! But I just dont no if the race tubes are just over the top loud and spoils the subaru rumble! So i was thinking afterburner vortex to give it that nice deep tone. there is also a afterburner raptor now. Just so many to choose from lol. i just want a nice loud deep sound that pops & bangs like it should!
Old 30 August 2012, 01:33 PM
nickscooby
Scooby Regular

the vortex sounds really good, bit smoother than the H&S and a bit quieter.

if you want the deep sound you will need a resonated system, the unresonated systems are raspy and give a rawer sound. im sure people will disagree with that but that's what I've found.
Old 03 September 2012, 08:37 PM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

verrry tempted to just get the race tube... Is this much louder than the nur spec r?

Trending Topics

Old 03 September 2012, 08:42 PM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

I have had first hand experience of the race tube (outside & inside cabin) but not the nur spec, they do sound a similar volume - but just look at a race tube and its basically a straight pipe with no resonation at all - it COULD be louder!
Old 03 September 2012, 09:14 PM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

I've also got a full decat. I am looking for something loud... (my neighbours are going to really really hate me as ive got to leave for work at 4am each morning) but... yeah !.....
Ive tried looking for a pic of a classic with a race tube on to see how it looks without the big back box. interested to see how it looks, do you have any pics mate?
Old 04 September 2012, 06:38 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

just put a full prodrive group n decat system with on my 93 wrx and is actually quiter than the cat back 4" cheap system that was on there before.last scoob had full hks decat system and used to set alarms off wherever i went...
Old 05 September 2012, 09:32 PM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

right ive been offered a 3" turbo back supersprint exhaust for £200. has anyone on here ever experienced these? performance? sound? etc anything, cheers.
Old 06 September 2012, 10:14 AM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

anyone ?!
Old 06 September 2012, 10:36 AM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mycool
I've also got a full decat. I am looking for something loud... (my neighbours are going to really really hate me as ive got to leave for work at 4am each morning) but... yeah !.....
Ive tried looking for a pic of a classic with a race tube on to see how it looks without the big back box. interested to see how it looks, do you have any pics mate?
I dont have any pics, however there are plenty of videos floating about on Youtube which should give you a better idea.
Old 06 September 2012, 10:40 AM
petethemeat
Scooby Regular

You could always start by changing the backbox – a cheaper 1st option to getting more volume?
Old 06 September 2012, 10:58 AM
Mycool
Scooby Newbie

are there any back boxes you would recommend mate, as i am pretty clueless with the exhaust? And have you heard of the supersprint exhausts? as i havnt cheers