Notices

Cat on a my99 impreza turbo classic

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2012, 01:55 PM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat on a my99 impreza turbo classic

Ive looked under my scoob and cannot see a cat in the exhaust is it true these are ment to have 2? But i think the previous owner has decatted it and put a cat back system on aswel.. Is there one in the turbo downpipe? And if mine deffo needs on does anyone have one i can buy?
My mot is on the 3rd and want to try get it done before then
Cheers :-)
Old 29 August 2012, 03:19 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes the standard down pipe dose have a cat in it most people remove the standard dp and put on a decat dp for performance reasons which can cause issues at mot time ..
Old 29 August 2012, 03:27 PM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Ahh ok will have to get under have a better look at it underneath see if it has one in the dp... Will it pass with just one cat? Or does it need both? And if anyone has one for sale lol
Old 29 August 2012, 03:36 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hedgywrx
Ahh ok will have to get under have a better look at it underneath see if it has one in the dp... Will it pass with just one cat? Or does it need both? And if anyone has one for sale lol

The cat I doubt U will see from the underside as its nearer the top ish best just opening ur bonnet and looking from the top u should be able to see it better unless u can get right under the car its not worth the hassle of jacking it up..lol..

Best advertising in the wanted section for the dp if ur a member, otherwise there on some on eBay don't really wanna be paying more than £50/ £60 iirc .. The ones on eBay at £90 is abit over the top price wise.
Old 29 August 2012, 03:40 PM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Lol ok mate il have a look under bonnet when i finish work, and thanks for the advise mate much apreciated :-).. Is there also ment to be a cat in the exhaust nearer the back box? If so would it pass with just one cat or does it need both?
Old 29 August 2012, 03:49 PM
crazyspeedfreakz
Scooby Regular

U can get a cat in the center section ( the pipe that runs between the backbox and dp) I believe thy are the only 2 I'm fairly sure there isn't 1 in the uppipe so just the down pipe & center section ...

Tbh I would like to say wether or not it will pass all I no is to remove the down pipe is a **** of a job if the bolts connecting it to the turbo have not been touched for some time !

Old 29 August 2012, 03:55 PM
Hedgywrx
Scooby Regular

Yeh thats what i ment sorry one in the down pipe and centre section.. Ok mate il double check tonight but i know that it deffo dont have one in the centre section so i deffo need one of them lol n ueh i hope the dp is just standard and i ent gotta **** about with it but fingers crossed