Notices

cleaned boost pipes & now doesnt lacks boost

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2012, 09:07 PM
WAZ WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaned boost pipes & now doesnt lacks boost

Hi guys my friend had a problem with his turbo 2000 where as it would start to judder and eventually stall, so we cleaned his boost pipes follwing this thread and now his problem has been solved.
http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.p...ontrolSolenoid
So i thought just to be safe i might aswell clean my boost pipes. Before cleaning my car would boost up to 1.2 bar, now after cleaning the pipes my car only boosts to 1 bar. All i did was follow the above thread, any ideas why im only boosting at 1 bar now guys? Any help would be appreciated, thanx in advance

Oh and before anybody asks, i have checked the pipes just to make sure they are all connected as they were

Waz

Last edited by WAZ WRX; 18 August 2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 18 August 2012, 09:16 PM
keljon
Scooby Regular

Have you lost the restrictor pill? What model is yours?
Old 20 August 2012, 07:05 PM
WAZ WRX
Scooby Regular

Mine is a turbo 2000 on a 99.when i cleaned the pipes i didnt see anything fall out. My boost solenoid is a 2 port. So i have no idea if ive lost the restrictor pill. Do u know where abouts it should be placed? As the 2 pipes i cleaned are 1 to the actuator and the other to the air in take
Old 20 August 2012, 10:50 PM
WAZ WRX
Scooby Regular

Bump, any help appreciated,
Which pipe would the restrictor pill be placed in and also where abouts on the pipe?
Old 20 August 2012, 10:53 PM
keljon
Scooby Regular

Standard boost is 0.9 so unless you car has been remapped, it sounds like it was over boosting before and is now controlling boost better.
Old 20 August 2012, 10:56 PM
keljon
Scooby Regular

Diagram below for reference
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	9220  
Old 21 August 2012, 11:55 PM
WAZ WRX
Scooby Regular

thank you for that keljon, that is very helpful. Quick question for you though, when i cleaned the boost solenoid i was under the impression that i only clean the pipes and not the actual solenoid itself. Other people have advised to spray carb cleaner directly down the two metal pipes that come off the boost solenoid, is this correct?? as i did not do this. I only cleaned the 2 pipes as i have a 2 port.

and in regard to that image, does the restrictor pill sit next to the metal nipple that comes off the turbo or does it sit closer to the T peace?
Old 22 August 2012, 12:05 AM
keljon
Scooby Regular

My car is a 99 uk turbo 2000, on my car I sprayed carb cleaner in both the solenoid pipes and replaced all of the pipe work with silicone hose, my restrictor pill was in line 2 not line 1 as the diagram shows so I put it back in that line. As long as its fitted in the line making the bore smaller, it shouldn't matter where in the pipe it's located. My car over boosts to 1.1 bar before coming back down to 0.9 but I put this down to the decat exhaust I have fitted, am going to get an ecutek remap soon anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by WAZ WRX
thank you for that keljon, that is very helpful. Quick question for you though, when i cleaned the boost solenoid i was under the impression that i only clean the pipes and not the actual solenoid itself. Other people have advised to spray carb cleaner directly down the two metal pipes that come off the boost solenoid, is this correct?? as i did not do this. I only cleaned the 2 pipes as i have a 2 port.

and in regard to that image, does the restrictor pill sit next to the metal nipple that comes off the turbo or does it sit closer to the T peace?