ABS light and noisy pump

Search this Thread

Old 16 June 2012, 12:36 PM
Djgyro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light and noisy pump

Hi guys/gals,

Have just spent an hour searching old threads figuring I cant be the first to have this issue but thus far no joy...

ABS light came on last night on my MY99 Sti and upon starting this morning the pump below the brake block just forward of the air box was making a whurring sound for around 3 secs after switching on the ignition. Can anyone diagnose the problem, particularly either "fix immediately" or "youll be fine for another week or so"!!?? Fluid level is ok but am sure I filled it to the max mark 14k ago when I changed the fluid and its now between max and min.

Bit of background info, been having issues with stuck pots on a couple of calipers as per usual classic fit, aware one brake is also squeaking slightly and slight knock on initial brake application (have checked nothing loose). Was planning to order refurbed calipers (plus discs and pads) from ScoobyWork today anyway and fit probably in a fortnight's time.

Back to the bat cave to get wheels off and have a look, any advice in the meantime greatly appreciated

Cheers