Notices

Help needed....PLEASE.

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2012, 10:16 AM
sonner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Help needed....PLEASE.

It has been many years since I sold my last Scooby and went to the dark side and bought an Evo 8. Sanity has returned and I am looking to get another Impreza in the form of a 2.5 Ltr Hawkeye WRX. What I would like to know is what are they like to drive and more importantly live with? in comparison to the 2 Ltr Blobeye WRX. Do they have any known faults that I should be aware of?. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 12 June 2012, 12:46 PM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sonner
It has been many years since I sold my last Scooby and went to the dark side and bought an Evo 8. Sanity has returned and I am looking to get another Impreza in the form of a 2.5 Ltr Hawkeye WRX. What I would like to know is what are they like to drive and more importantly live with? in comparison to the 2 Ltr Blobeye WRX. Do they have any known faults that I should be aware of?. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I've had both. I think the Hawkeye is a much better all round car. In everyday driving it boosts sooner and has a more linear power delivery. The torque is much more noticable. Down sides are the tax, which can be £450 depending on the date. I have had mine tuned to 272bhp and 350lb torque...about as quick in the real world (once rolling) as my Evo IV now.
Old 12 June 2012, 01:16 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just the usual rear knocking struts etc.
check history .

the torque is superb on the 2.5 mate, ive been using mine for the past 3yrs as a daily driver.
driving is good and comfy, but to make them feel more planted then rear arb and droplinks will make a massive difference to the way the car handles on the standard suspension,
even on long drives ,it not one that makes u feel sore when u get out, it east up the miles easily,
on short drives 200-250 per tank and long drives can get 300+ easily.

ive had 330 miles in mine doing approx 80mph from ayrshire to nottingham every 3 wks for almost 2 yrs
Old 13 June 2012, 09:36 AM
sonner
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you for for replies, something to think about. Cheers