Notices

anyboby know what could cause this problem

Search this Thread

Old 06 June 2012, 01:41 PM
wrxant1988
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyboby know what could cause this problem

Hi guys i have a 1994 wrx and when acelerating hard in first or second it pops and bangs then desided its going to go! its fine in other gears it only started doing it after i took the boost solenoid map sensor and pressure exchange valve off to clean them up paint the bracket ect ive made sure all the pipes are ok and in the right places and have cleaned the solenoid out in test mode but its still there! ive reset the ecu loocked for codes with no luck could it be map sensor or pressure exchange solenoid?

The car has 3 inch turbo back decatted exhaust arc tmic turbo inlet pipe and resinator delete pipe and costom made cold air induction kit in the wing (hks mushroom filter) the car was running lovley untill i touched it.

Any help would be appreciated as its doing my head in now thanks
Old 06 June 2012, 05:40 PM
Baz82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxant1988
Hi guys i have a 1994 wrx and when acelerating hard in first or second it pops and bangs then desided its going to go! its fine in other gears it only started doing it after i took the boost solenoid map sensor and pressure exchange valve off to clean them up paint the bracket ect ive made sure all the pipes are ok and in the right places and have cleaned the solenoid out in test mode but its still there! ive reset the ecu loocked for codes with no luck could it be map sensor or pressure exchange solenoid?

The car has 3 inch turbo back decatted exhaust arc tmic turbo inlet pipe and resinator delete pipe and costom made cold air induction kit in the wing (hks mushroom filter) the car was running lovley untill i touched it.

Any help would be appreciated as its doing my head in now thanks
Have you a boost gauge? With the de catted exhaust it could be spiking if not mapped.

Or could be simple as a set of plugs , I recommend ngk PFR7B
Old 07 June 2012, 12:06 AM
wrxant1988
Scooby Newbie

Sorry for the late reply yes have boost gauge its at low rpm it happens as its coming on to boost had someone look at it and they think is could be the clutch, I no that it is on borrowed time and am going to replace it as soon as funds allow so I'll just have to wait and see if that cures it. I'm fairly new to Subaru so up guys will have to bare with me.thanks for the reply mate