Notices

Suspension, v4 STi

Search this Thread

Old 29 May 2012, 09:20 AM
Draug
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension, v4 STi

First post be gentle please!!!! haha Ok then so getting around to replacing the shocks in my version 4 Sti and just wondering if it would be a good time to look into the suspension department and up rating the stock stuff.

Car is used completely for road driving and a lot of that on roads that are damaged by earthquakes so very bad.

What sort of set ups would you guys look at? Runs the stock 16' rims, lots of stuff on here about stuff for a bit of road and bit of track use but I really do need a softer set up than that, at the same time I'd like the car to handle a bit better, understeers so hard and so much body roll, what are good set ups and what sort of cost am I looking at?

thanks
Old 29 May 2012, 09:39 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

First off I'd get the understeer/body roll sorted:
New, stiffer REAR arb. (Leave the front alone, or you put the understeer back in).
Solid droplinks all round.

THEN get it 4-wheel aligned by someone who knows what he/she is doing

After that, or before if the suspension is tired, look at a set of coilovers: you can get them in very different spring rates, and also can get ones with adjustable rebound.

BUT: it's usually a trade-off between soft enough NOT to feel the bumps and hard enough to handle/not roll
Old 29 May 2012, 10:58 PM
Draug
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. What sort of money would I be looking at for a decent set of coilovers? know people who've got cheaper ones and they're just plain awful, ride is way too harsh and handling is average at best. What are the better ones that people use?