Notices

GC8 Sti Speed Sensor problem :(

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2012, 10:26 AM
weslatore
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GC8 Sti Speed Sensor problem :(

Hello, i have a problem, i have a scoobe wrx Sti type GC8B, 1994 year, any my ecu running in sleep mode , when i reset ecu and going to 1st a 2ng gear is all ok, but I going on 3rg gear a my speed is over 100km/h, ECU go in sleep mode a flash error vehicle speed sensor

Where the position this sensor?

thanks ((((

wesly, Czech Republic
Old 02 June 2012, 08:11 PM
tikkis
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello mate!

If you (or any other) still have problems finding the speed sensor, here's something to get you to the right direction.

Went and checked this from my 98 STI and the sensor was located on the right side and top of the transmission. It took a while to find, but you could see it by looking the transmission between the intercooler (top mount) and the turbo. It was almost out of sight but you could just see it and I recon you can probably reach it too without going under the car.

It's a black round thing about an inch in diameter which has a wire going from it through the firewall. I think there shouldn't be too many sensors in the transmission itself so it should be easy to find. Just look any wires going to the transmission.

If you have trouble finding it, let me know, I could probably take a picture of it for you

This was on 98 STI but I think it's about the same with your car as well.

Hope this helps and you get your car fixed