Notices

How many sections is the standard Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2012, 09:58 AM
clapa929
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many sections is the standard Exhaust?

Hi All,

I have a 2001 JDM STI Bug and have noticed that the exhaust flanges look shot and 1 one is leaking. The back box is stainless and looks fine. I'm looking to get replacement parts between the turbo and back box. I have been looking a round I think I will need a downpipe(sports cat), decat pipe for second cat and a center pipe.Can anyone confirm if this is correct. I had a look the other day but only remember seeing the down pipe and then a center pipe. I know the best idea would be to out and take a look but, again, but as always on the weekend its chucking it down outside.

Cheers

Paul
Old 31 March 2012, 10:02 AM
madmarx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by clapa929
Hi All,

I have a 2001 JDM STI Bug and have noticed that the exhaust flanges look shot and 1 one is leaking. The back box is stainless and looks fine. I'm looking to get replacement parts between the turbo and back box. I have been looking a round I think I will need a downpipe(sports cat), decat pipe for second cat and a center pipe.Can anyone confirm if this is correct. I had a look the other day but only remember seeing the down pipe and then a center pipe. I know the best idea would be to out and take a look but, again, but as always on the weekend its chucking it down outside.

Cheers

Paul
That is correct, but you can get longer downpipes that do away with the need of the second de cat pipe. My 2002 bugeye is as you have described. Downpipe, de cat second pipe, center pipe, backbox.
Old 31 March 2012, 10:04 AM
clapa929
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that, that explains the confusion.