Notices

Priming Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2012, 07:44 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Priming Turbo

Have just fitted a VF35 turbo to my MY00 uk classic, and alltho I haven't quite put the car all back together yet after doing so, I will be wanting to prime the turbo once I do so I wanted to get this question in before hand. I was just wondering if I'm being blind (I have no doubt that I am ) because I cannot find the fuse for the fuel pump to remove it so I can turn the engine over a few times without it starting? Is the bottom one of the two yelllow ones on this picture the one for the spark? Cuz that'll do it aswell won't it?......

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 26 March 2012, 07:54 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unplug crank sensor or cam sensor both on front of engine car will not run with one unplugged
If starting for the first time after rebuild remove spark plugs and turn over until full oil pressure is made then refit spark plugs then crank until oil pressure is made with cam sensor unplugged the connect all back up start car and check all levels and temps then enjoy car
Old 26 March 2012, 08:06 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have just fitted the turbo, remove the oil feed connection and squirt some oil in refit the pipe and start the engine and allow to idle for a while whilst you check for leaks and top the coolant up. At idle the turbo will not be making boost so will be under no load.