Notices

clocking the turbo

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2012, 09:50 PM
rosssti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clocking the turbo

I've been told I can do this to reduce my intercooler pipe length, it sounds like a good idea to spin the turbo so it faces the wing, I tried this today but with a problem, the turbo nipple hits the tgv sensor mounting..... So with the sensor removed it still hits.

Now,,, I've already removed the tgv butterflys but I've left the rods in.. can I leave the sensor off or does this act as a seal? As ill have to grind the tvg sensor mounting right down so the nipple on the compress will pass it.

I've already had the cel's sorted in the map so that's not a problem, I just need to find a way round this issue...

Has anyone done this before or have any good ideas??
Old 25 February 2012, 08:07 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rosssti
I've been told I can do this to reduce my intercooler pipe length, it sounds like a good idea to spin the turbo so it faces the wing, I tried this today but with a problem, the turbo nipple hits the tgv sensor mounting..... So with the sensor removed it still hits.

Now,,, I've already removed the tgv butterflys but I've left the rods in.. can I leave the sensor off or does this act as a seal? As ill have to grind the tvg sensor mounting right down so the nipple on the compress will pass it.

I've already had the cel's sorted in the map so that's not a problem, I just need to find a way round this issue...

Has anyone done this before or have any good ideas??
Wouldn't it be easier to remove the nipple from the compressor, weld over or blank the hole and fit one of these to the intercooler hose coming off the compressor.

http://www.revotec.com/details.asp?ID=292
Old 25 February 2012, 08:32 AM
Turbo Tez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 just move the nipple. Re-routing pipe work is never as straight forward as it first looks