Notices

Dragging a wheel on lock

Old 10 February 2012, 02:11 PM
Dub-Se7en
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragging a wheel on lock

my 99 classic wagon seems to be dragging a wheel when locking over hard left or right at slow speeds

I notice it most mornings when backing off the drive or when parking in a space. on tarmac the car seems to skip a little, like the tyre is folding over a little then 'popping' back out.

it's also noticable on loose or slippy surfaces as you can hear one of the front wheels dragging.

i have had the alignment all checked out and set up and all seems well and the car drives straight.

do impreza's tend to do this or maybe it's something like worn bushings etc.

Ian
Old 10 February 2012, 04:40 PM
tjmatt
Scooby Regular

Quite likely to be an issue with the centre diff. Have a search for other people with the same symptoms.
Old 10 February 2012, 05:19 PM
Dub-Se7en
Scooby Newbie

had a quick search, seems to be a clunking noise related to the centre diff, rather than the problem i'm having.

for example, if i turn hard left (i'm talking full lock, it's fine otherwise) the o\s front wheel isn't turning in enough and is being dragged around.

am noticing some wear around the inside of the n/s/f tyre too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dragging a wheel on lock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.