Notices

What turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2011, 04:49 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What turbo?

I have a terzo but want to change turbo and intercooler. Whats the best one to go for from the standard one on mine. Iv heard vf35 is better? Is it a straight swap and is it wise to add any supporting mods or can i just bolt one on and away i go?

Thanks
Old 07 December 2011, 04:59 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

How long is a piece of string?

Basically, everything depends on what you want/expect to achieve and on what your budget is.
What sort of power would you like to make? And have you already got brakes, suspension and possibly transmission, sorted? Including the clutch????

But the short answer to your final question is a resounding NO!

The minimum you would need would be a remap. Remind me what year the Terzo was, because ecu's between 1996 and 1998 inclusive, afaik, (could be 1997 start) aren't mappable

Speak to some respected tuners on here, Harvey Smith, Allan Jeffery, David O'Brien, to name but a few.
Be ready to say what you want to achieve and how much your budget is. You will get HONEST advice from them, if it's not do-able safely, you will be told, not sold, if you get my drift?
Old 07 December 2011, 05:26 PM
princey2k5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok thanks mate. I have absolutly no clue so unsure where to start. 270 to 300 is my desired target. Anymore and id lose my licence or life whichever comes first.

Terzo is a 1998. It was 100% standard until a couple months ago. The only things it has is cat back prodive system and the bottom end was rebuilt 15k ago or summit like that.

Thats all i know it has but it seems quicker than my old uk tubby and about the same as my old v1 sti so a little confusing. Needs a dyno to be honest. So starting from where im at, im not sure which direction to go into reach my desired output. Not really bothered how much it will cost but as with everyone just as cheap as possible. Im not a material type guy so not bothered about name branded gear just quickest, cheapest and easiest option really.

Cheers for the reply
Old 07 December 2011, 08:09 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The bad news is that with that ecu, you'll need an afatermarket ecu to remap, or a daughterboard, but either way, lots of ££££'s.

And do not be tempted to do turbo/fmic mods without a remap.