Notices

could not keep away

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2011, 12:24 PM
juddies555
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could not keep away

hi again,sold my sti ppp 2005 a few years ago and never got over it,lv got £4-5 to spend and not sure what to get,l want to buy or build a rally rep for the road and want it to pop and bang as my previous scooby was under warranty so l couldnt really do what l wanted as it would affect that.I dont feel l have an enough for a sti ppp this time unfortunately but what lam asking advice for is what shape/model would you recommend for what l have in mind,thanks great to be back.
Old 29 November 2011, 12:30 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

You might just be able 2 get a blobeye STI at just over 5 thousand depending on condition. Don't bother with the ppp because after you remap it it wont have the original map. You could look at an older shape but keep it new age as that's what I am assuming from your post.
Old 29 November 2011, 02:47 PM
Daphne01
Scooby Regular

definitely stay newage. I'm a recent convert and although I loved the classic, the newage are better cars all round. If you can live with the look go bug eye, easily sti money these days. Blob STI is not far away from your price either.

As said PPP is a waste for you if you plan to remap.

That said, a friend has a modded WRX, the remap and exhaust was enough to give it pops and bangs, sounds awesome and he has a newer, lower mileage car than I do for several grand less.
Old 29 November 2011, 10:21 PM
juddies555
Scooby Newbie

Thanks,are you saying an exhaust change and filter would require a remap,and if l didnt go for the PPP would this give me the performance the PPP would have given.Trouble is l can remember how well my 05 sti PPP went,but want it to pop and bang,l now agree that the newage would be better and have seen some close to what l have, not sure to go for PPP now or not, more advice welcome
Old 29 November 2011, 11:26 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

A remap should give you more performance then the ppp. You can have thoses bits mapped in as well.
Old 30 November 2011, 12:13 AM
juddies555
Scooby Newbie

Great to be back and thanks for advice,now all l need is someone to point me in the right direction of a car thats forsale,know of any?