Notices

08 sti 9psi?

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2011, 09:32 PM
jimbojones1000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 sti 9psi?

Ive got a MY08 STI, bought it a few weeks ago, its my first subaru.

Since buying it, ive been a bit disappointed with it. It doesnt seem that quick. Im coming from a remapped R26 and the STI just doesnt feel as fast. So i did some logging on it today, and the results were confusing.

At tickover it shows 39KPA MAP pressure, which sounds reasonable, but total boost is a steady 160KPA which adjusted for atmos is 60KPA which as the image shows is 9psi.

Im guessing its supposed to be running 18-19psi. But it doesnt look like a leak, the boost comes in and is flat slightly dropping as it approaches the redline, just as you would expect. Has anyone any suggestions about what might limit boost to 9psi?

I think it might be drinking a bit of oil too. Its only done 29K, and was serviced at 23, but it had very little in it at the start of the week, i have a warranty on it so i just want an idea of what might be the problem.

cheers
Old 11 November 2011, 02:06 PM
jimbojones1000
Scooby Regular

To continue this most unpopular of threads, heres todays news...

Same car, felt quicker today, plugged laptop back in, logged it again.

Results

16psi, sounds about right, so whats the beef?

Before anyone asks, yes it was in sports sharp both times(always)

I also think the fuel economy was much better today than yesterday. Ive ordered some new plugs because there is some hesitation at 3-4K although that was less evident today, but i cant see how it can be plugs really.
Old 12 November 2011, 02:49 PM
jimbojones1000
Scooby Regular

Ordered a tactrix cable, amazing service, ordered last night, estimated delivery monday, from US. Gonna reset then if that doesnt work, reflash with the stock rom.

Does anyone have an 08 sti PPP rom? i thought they were locked as prodrive use ecutek but thought id ask.