Injectors phase 1/2 running rough

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2011, 08:46 PM
Sam Fitzpatrick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors phase 1/2 running rough

Hi all,

At the minute I have finished the re shell of putting the 1994 engine into the 1998 shell.
I have swooped over everything and I am running the 1998 loom with Apexi power Fc and the 1998 inlet manifold.
I have been in contact with Simon to get the car setup but I have had no joy due to a running issue, the car starts up but when cold takes a couple of attempts, once started it will idle perfect and sound sweet. If I plant the throttle when sat still the car hesitates and then pops in the Intake.
The first thing simon said was that I had a air leak possibly, I then removed the intake and found that the main intake to the turbo entry was split, I have since replaced the hose with a silicon one and new Inlet gaskets, the car does run better but I returned to Simons place and there he said that we have further problems.
I have been thinking about injectors and I know that the ones in my manifold are yellow and look to me like Version 1 !!!!
Will this be ok or do I need another set of injectors ????
All thoughts on this are greatly appreciated
I am running walbro 255 / TD05 front entry / fuel reg / front mount / HKS BOV SQV3 / Apexi FC / oil catch can breather.