Notices

looking for help with head gasket!

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2011, 10:59 PM
nick.bdk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for help with head gasket!

Is there anyone in the east who is up for helping me with my head gasket? I need the engine taking out, i can get the heads skimmed and i think i can fit the new head gaskets

I am very short on money and just want to get out there on the track and use her!!!!

I hope to book a tester Session at Snetterton in september for 20 mins, hopefully she will make it through

I want to fit the steel gaskets so i can crank the boost up maybe to 1.1 bar. Its at 0.9 bar at the mo but its making the rad pipes Very hard and lots of foam is coming out of the coolant tank when i take the top off

It will be soooo nice when the head gasket is done so i dont have to worry about it and then can start to make her nice

sorry for going on

THANKS
Old 02 August 2011, 11:09 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

why are you still driving this car? short on money? head and block skim is not cheap. add in the price of steel gaskets and putting the engine back in and your going to be down a right wedge.
Old 02 August 2011, 11:43 PM
nick.bdk
Scooby Regular

I have never used the car before, if i book the car into a tester it will be the 1st time i have used it, thats y i dont no if there is going to be any problems or not. I just think the gasket is on the way out and want it done! I know im

Originally Posted by bigsinky
why are you still driving this car? short on money? head and block skim is not cheap. add in the price of steel gaskets and putting the engine back in and your going to be down a right wedge.