Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2011, 10:45 PM
KevB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Hi All
I have a 1994 WRX STI v1 JAP IMPORT

My car broke down about a month ago, AA come out and checked all over car, it was turning over but no fuel being pumped, after hitting the fuel tank 3 times the car started, he said that it sounds like the fuel pump is on its way out, I changed the fuel pump and it worked for about a month then it done it again, I run a 12v supply to the fuel pump and it worked fine with fuel running to the fuel filter.
when I switch the ignition on I dont get any prime from the fuel pump or hear any relays, on turn over there is no spark.

second AA man come out and looked over it, tested fuel pump relays and fueses, said they are all testing ok but still not getting any spark or power to fuel pump.

First mobile engineer i got round to have a look was not much help, he didnt realy have a clue, I had to use my laptop to help him find wiring diagrams and where things are on the car, we put the car into test mode but the 'check engine' light did not come on at all, he decided to take my dash apart to test the bulb, it was ok, he then tested to see if there was a spark from the spark plug there was nothing, he scratched his head a few more times and looked at his books from 1992 and said sorry not got a clue it might be the alarm.

I then got hold of the guy that fitted my alarm, he come round and tested the alarm, he said that it was testing fine, but the ECU and fuel pump are not getting any power, he said that there is no ignition live and could be the main ignition relay.

I have now removed the ignition relay and tried testing it, it dont seem to test right, so will try and get a new one to try that.

just lost for ideas now after spending £75 on fuel pump, £40 on mechanic from the 50's and £50 for alarm guy who is still looking into for us.

Any ideas people

Cheers

Kev