Notices

Help, leaking classic, urgent

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2011, 03:24 PM
eugmul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Help, leaking classic, urgent

Not sure if I've posted in the right section, sorry. I have a 1996 classic import WRX.

When I pulled this morning I noticed that the temp gauge was sitting higher than normal, usually sits bang on half but it was nearer 3/4 mark.

As I walked away I noticed a puddle of coolant under the car, I took a look underneath and the leak seemed to be coming from the back end of the engine. It was a constant dripping leak, very noticeable.

When you look from above the engine you can not see any leaks/split pipes. My question is, what could be causing this leak?? Are there pipes that split round the back of the engine regulary?

If I need to take it to a garage can anyone recommend a good one in my area, based in Braintree Essex Cm7.

Thanks in advance for all your help
Old 17 July 2011, 03:27 PM
Jamz_
Scooby Regular

If its at the back of the engine, was it the back drivers side?

If so, the main thing to check is the coolant return pipe that connects to the bottom of the turbo...

This popped off on mine when on track, might have done the same on yours... If you look just under the turbo, you should be able to see it.
Old 17 July 2011, 09:20 PM
eugmul
Scooby Regular

At first it looked like it was coming from the centre of the engine, but I jacked the car up this afternoon and saw that indeed looked like it was coming from the right hand side, but I could not really see any pipes that looked like they had popped off.

Is it a blatant "woo hoo Im here" kinna pipe? I dont suppose you have or there are any pictures of what I should be seeing?