Notices

Help!!! Engine problem

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2011, 11:48 AM
dpn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Engine problem

Hello, please help. My Hawkeye Spec D has recently had a full forged engine rebuild and a re-map. Everything was working great for a month or so. I was on the motorway at the end of June. It was a hot day. Had 3 in the car and a lot of luggage. I put the air con on and then foot flattish to the floor at about 2,500 - 3,000 rpm in 6th gear only for a couple of seconds then all of a sudden lost all the power and engine light came on. So pulled over and had a look under bonnet. Couldn't see anything a miss. So I carried on back obviously being very cautious. I took it to the garage I had my re-build done to get the fault checked (engine light had gone off by then). They plugged it in and got a Turbo Waste-gate and port solenoid fault code. So they checked all the relevant cables and had a good look around. Cleaned out the pipes to the solenoid with brake cleaner and then blasted out with the air compressor. Sent me on my way as I thought that the car actually felt ok before I took it in. Now it has happened again on the motorway exactly the same as before but not with the air con on. The garage is closed until Monday so I have done very little with the car until I can take it in then. I have been very careful when I have driven it. Has anyone had this problem or know what is going on. I have trawled this forum by searching and can't find anything relevant. I will add that I am extremely paranoid about this car as I have had nothing but bad luck with it. It so far has been the worst purchase I have ever made. I've spent half my life wanting a Subaru and now I'm living the dream it's been more of a nightmare. Please, please help as its really getting me down now.
Old 07 July 2011, 12:27 PM
A.D.Edmundson
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it is overboosting when your are loading it up, maybe hitting the boost limit.... Does the engine sound ok? no nasty noises etc?

give us a call if you like, might be able to assit you further

Ant
Old 07 July 2011, 12:35 PM
dpn
Scooby Regular

Thanks Ant, I think the engine sounds fine, certainly no nasty noises. Can you PM me your number and I'll give you a shout when I get a chance. There seems to be a bit of an oily coating on some of the pipes to the solenoid can't see any tears or cracks in the pipes though. Like I said in OP I am extremely paranoid about the car so my instincts are clouded.