Where to get an sti engine (PX)

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2011, 08:17 PM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get an sti engine (PX)

Hi guys,

After removing the engine from the car (STI Type r) due to HG failure. I have noticed that there is a few things i dont like (sealant around joints,stripped bolt heads etc).
The engine had a rebuild (alegedly) and i have the receipts but i doubt the persons competence who rebuilt it as its simply not a professional job.

I am considering buying another engine so i know its right. Is there anyone who sells recon engines and will p/x with my old one.

Cheers
Old 29 June 2011, 10:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are places that sell "recon" engines and will do a px on it, no one in their right mind would buy from such a company though (SMR/IDEAL etc) as they are rip off merchants.
Rebuild is your best bet if you dont want to waste your money.

Tony
Old 29 June 2011, 10:20 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

http://www.jdmmotorsport.co.uk/

check this guy out,, i have stood talking to him while hes been building engines, nice fella and all he does is build subaru engines
Old 29 June 2011, 10:30 PM
dbay
Scooby Regular

all depends on budget mate. i personaly would show my money to engine tuner (alan jeffrey) for a 2.1 forged short motor for just over 2k
Old 30 June 2011, 02:51 AM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
There are places that sell "recon" engines and will do a px on it, no one in their right mind would buy from such a company though (SMR/IDEAL etc) as they are rip off merchants.
Rebuild is your best bet if you dont want to waste your money.

Tony
Yeah my initial thoughts mate. was gonna just do HG and a few other bits to a high standard, but then i notice the rest is not up to scratch
Pis*es me off when someone has already had the engine out and made a c*nt of it I wont name and shame the company just yet

Originally Posted by addi monster
http://www.jdmmotorsport.co.uk/

check this guy out,, i have stood talking to him while hes been building engines, nice fella and all he does is build subaru engines
Originally Posted by dbay
all depends on budget mate. i personaly would show my money to engine tuner (alan jeffrey) for a 2.1 forged short motor for just over 2k
Cheers Guys i will look into this aswell, want someone with a good name (although the tw*ats who rebuilt it last time do have a good name???). Gonna have to check the bank tho
Old 30 June 2011, 08:15 AM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan2926
Yeah my initial thoughts mate. was gonna just do HG and a few other bits to a high standard, but then i notice the rest is not up to scratch
Pis*es me off when someone has already had the engine out and made a c*nt of it I wont name and shame the company just yet

Cheers Guys i will look into this aswell, want someone with a good name (although the tw*ats who rebuilt it last time do have a good name???). Gonna have to check the bank tho
at the min jdm has a holy mother of a lump for 3k, wossner 92.5mm pistons, perfect crank, lined bores, eagle rods, acl race bearings ecc , cdb good for a safe 550