Notices

help needed

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2011, 04:09 PM
Arby
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help needed

hi guys im having some problems with my 96 sti i recently changed the up pipe and manifold as the up pipe cracked.

i had to move my oil cooler lines around so they didn touch the new manifold so did an oil change the same time. when filling back up my little bro was helping and he knocked about a liter of oil in a jug off my intercooler over the engine i cleaned up what i could

i took the car out but it started missing now and again on low and mid revs so i took it home cleaned every connector block in the engine bay with disc clean no difference. i used it like that for a couple off weeks for work till i could try and find the problem.

i was with my mate one night running late to get to a gig so we were going faster than normal i accelerated quite hard to about 90 but on the way there the car seemed to have an electrical surge and bog down after that we turned the corner and it started to badly misfire coughe and splutter for a mile die'ing and restarting a few times. under load it wanted to die if u rev'd it it cleared we pulled into a car park and car died and didn restart that night.

i got the car towed home the next day and it started once more running rough i revved it a few times and it cleared the motor sounds fine turned it off again now it wont restart at all

it has a simtek ecu so i cannot diagnose problems with the cel light i have checked the following. i have fuel getting there on the flow from the fuel filter i have spark on all four cylinders so the coil pack leads etc are ok that must also mean the crank and cam sensor's are ok so im puzzled now.

i have been told with a simtek i don't have to worry about the maf as that is not needed so i can only put it down to the map sensor or the regulator any ideas before i splash out as im blind on this one