Notices

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2011, 02:50 PM
Scooby_power123
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please

Just finished decating my 93 classic and on the new pipe there is a bolt welded in so you can screw a lamda sensor in but I dnt have the sensor to go in . Should I blank it off with a bolt or something cheers .
Old 17 June 2011, 03:03 PM
musso2010
Scooby Regular

Just put an old bolt in it.
I assume you are running a lambda sensor in the headers?
Old 17 June 2011, 07:13 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plenty people will have an old Lambda sensor they can give you, possibly local to Blackpool. If you are still struggling on Monday I am sure I can post one out first class that is knackered but will operate as a blank for you.
harveysmith1@btopenworld.com
Old 17 June 2011, 11:33 PM
john5f
Scooby Regular

The Lambda sensor should be in your headers. Original downpipe has an Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor, you could put this back in. I left mine out when I de-catted and left the bolt blanking the port in the downpipe in place and it caused no obvious issues.

Harvey - nice to see you around again.
Old 18 June 2011, 12:22 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks John.
As John says, on the 93-96 car, the Lambda sensor is located at the collector of the headers close to the driver front wheel. There is nothing to stop you leaving it there but if you wanted you will find there is enough spare wiring loom if you cut it back to relocate the Lambda sensor in the downpipe but then you must blank the hole which is 22mm spanner size.
This assumes we are talking about the downpipe.
If you are referring to the uppipe as John says above that contains a CAT on fire sensor on the OE car and you can dispense with this but may need a Check Engine Light fix. Any bolt or stud that will screw in to the boss will do the job. We actually manufacture uppipes with and without boss and in more than 9 out of 10 cases owners dispense with the sensor in the uppipe which makes good sense because if the sensor breaks it could do damage to the turbo