Notices

2006 WRX Secondary Air Pump

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2011, 12:00 AM
R6HNN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 WRX Secondary Air Pump

Hi everyone, I had a CEL on my 2006 WRX so got it checked out today. The code came back as P2444, which relates to the Secondary Air Pump at Bank 1. Ive googled the subject for hours and it seems like a very expensive fix, but i understand there are a few alternatives...

I am looking into the idea of blocking the secondary air pump off and mapping it out of the ECU. Has anybody done this and could point me in the direction of someone who sells the blanking plates in the UK? And someone who can adjust my map?

Im based in NW London, but I dont mind travelling a bit.

Many thanks
Old 07 May 2011, 02:34 AM
GezP
Scooby Regular

PM Duncan (racedynamix) mate, he can map it. Not sure about your air pump issue but I'm sure he can help
Old 07 May 2011, 09:28 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by R6HNN
Hi everyone, I had a CEL on my 2006 WRX so got it checked out today. The code came back as P2444, which relates to the Secondary Air Pump at Bank 1. Ive googled the subject for hours and it seems like a very expensive fix, but i understand there are a few alternatives...

I am looking into the idea of blocking the secondary air pump off and mapping it out of the ECU. Has anybody done this and could point me in the direction of someone who sells the blanking plates in the UK? And someone who can adjust my map?

Im based in NW London, but I dont mind travelling a bit.

Many thanks
yep - easy enough to map out the codes I have doen this quite a few times as the air pumps are always going wrong. I am just up in cambridgeshire but travel throughout the uk

Cosworth sells the blanking plates - just check with one of their uk dealers such as engine tuner or lateral or others.
Old 07 May 2011, 09:52 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checking and freeing up one of the solenoids in the air pump system is easy, its the second one that can be a PITA.
Removing the whole system isn't a quick job either if you want to ditch the whole thing.

The blanking plates are easy enough to make up with access to some air tools. Just use the metal gaskets as a template. The Cozzy ones are a very silly price.
If you can wait 2 weeks, I'll be removing my DIY blanking plates and they'll be FOC.
Old 07 May 2011, 02:36 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...on-06-wrx.html

Somebody else has the same problem as you one here...............quite common apparantly

Shaun
Old 12 March 2016, 01:28 AM
Subiehatch
Scooby Regular

Rcm do blanking plates.
£58 pounds off ebay.
Old 29 May 2016, 01:24 PM
Shaggyrodgers
Scooby Newbie

Default Secondary air valves

Hi, I'm having this problem with my 06 WRX. On Removal, some of the pipes where full of gunk so cleaned and refitted everything. Still getting engine check light comming on so stripped it all down again. Seen clips on you tube and read bucket loads of information but still not sure how to fix this. I have some questions that I'm hopping somebody with more technical knowledge than me can answer.
1) Are the valves supposed to open with the ignition on or the engine running?
2) Is there a sensor the starts the pump?
3) Is the pump supposed to start with the ignition or the engine running?
4) Is there any way of testing the system?
I've taken the pump off and conected it up the battery and it spins up. I've taken the cover off the bottom of both valves and conected these up to the battery but nothing happens. Also plugged them in to the loom and still not opening. Is this correct or are they both fooked?
Any help anybody could give me on this would be appreciated.

Last edited by Shaggyrodgers; 30 May 2016 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Typing errors.