Decats...

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2011, 11:37 AM
Gandy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decats...

Hi Guys...
Im sorry to be abit thiick but I have to ask the question.
At the moment im running a Blobeye Wrx with a PPP on it.
I have been told that one of the cats has gone to be replaced by a decat with this upgrade.
Can someone tell me which one and how many are there under the car and where they are....
Cheers Guys.
Gandy
Old 13 March 2011, 11:39 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You would have had 3 cats on your car originally, one in the up pipe, one in the down pipe and one in the centre section.
The PPP deletes the centre section cat, though its probably best to get rid of the up pipe one, you would require a remap as the ppp is mapped for the package that is on there and it wouldnt be a ppp either after that.

Tony
Old 13 March 2011, 11:56 AM
Gandy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info. One other question...
If I remove this up pipe, will it throw any lights on the dash since ive got the middle cat done at the moment with the PPP.
Thanks
Old 13 March 2011, 03:09 PM
BlobEyedRex
Scooby Regular

Hey Gandy, if your still running stock TD04 turbo I'd go with getting a sport cat down pipe & re-tune, as I'm doing just that to my PPP blob eye, holding out with larger turbo for now, and wanted to get a custom tune to get most out of what i've got now.

Up pipe is good if you've changed the turbo to bigger with more lag as then de-cat up-pipe will produce better spool up times, not seen it add BHP but better a down pipe with Quality sport cats will give approx 20 BHP and still emission pass.

If your getting bigger turbo then up-pipe, fuel pump & injectors a must but would still fit sport cat down pipe as it'll bottle neck