Notices

wrx engine in sti

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2011, 06:37 PM
robfitz
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wrx engine in sti

i've put a wrx engine in a sti 2002,i no its the wrong way round to do it,but i had the engine and box sat around,put everything in,car starts but ticks over at two thousand revs. tried to drive it up my road and does'nt have power,not like it should have.everythings plugged in and piped up as it should be,anyone help me with this? i must of done something wrong somewhere.the wrx engine ran very well in the old car last week,and the sti came minus engine and box.any help would be gratefull.
Old 04 March 2011, 06:42 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

If its still got the sti ecu in then it will need a remap, as the sti has bigger injectors,turbo, intercooler and also has avcs heads, so you will have to do something about the engine loom for the heads if not already done.
Old 04 March 2011, 06:49 PM
robfitz
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tazz
If its still got the sti ecu in then it will need a remap, as the sti has bigger injectors,turbo, intercooler and also has avcs heads, so you will have to do something about the engine loom for the heads if not already done.
i used wrx ecu and all the wrx engine loom.car starts first turn of key,revs high and does'nt drive with power when put foot down,