Notices

HELP NEEDED!

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2011, 03:23 PM
cpsti2011
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP NEEDED!

Hi, i just had my 06 STi's 30k service at Prosport in stockport yesterday, all seemed well as there was nothing wrong on the drive home, but this morning i started the car and as i set off it made a strange noise and the car would hardly move it felt like the handbrake was still on which it wasnt, as ive kept moving and tried to turn the car around the engine warning lights come on and the car sounds rough when i rev it, also the car wont accelerate as fast as it did i put my foot down just to test it and it felt like i was driving a nissan micra the car just move hardly just slow acceleration im no mechanic no i dont have a clue what could be wrong ive had the car more than a year and its never once done this and i drive it everyday I rang Prosport and the woman said no one will be in till monday morning now so i gotta feeling its gonna be a long weekend of me worrying. sorry for the long post but im very concerned. thanks
Old 26 February 2011, 04:29 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Something they did?

Did they change cambelts, maybe timed up wrong?

Was the battery off and / or the ECU reset? If so any faults and their work a rounds would be gone after ECU reset. Take a bit of time to relearn?

The strange noise, would it sound like a hose popping off? That would explain most symptoms you are seeing.

If it was a mettalic noise could be something else.

Is there any one with a subaru near you who could have a listen / look?
Old 26 February 2011, 04:39 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

Its seems like an intercooler hose has come off
Old 26 February 2011, 04:48 PM
cpsti2011
Scooby Newbie

UPDATE ive just left the car for a few hours to just let it cool down and ive just taken it for a short drive up the street, the engine warning light is still on but i revved it and it sounded back to normal which gave me a bit of confidence so i put my footdown and its taken off like lightning just like it used too so im confused now lol. the car itself has only jus hit 24,000 miles ive got the list here of what Prosport did on it yesterday: oil filter, drain plug washer, shell helix ultra oil, gearbox washer, gearbox oil, diff oil, antifreeze, 2 new wiperblades and a new pollen filter. so like i say im a bit confused it seems like its running ok again for now but ill keep you's updated thanks for the help tho much appreciated.
Old 26 February 2011, 05:18 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there if you have friend with OBD reader,check error codes...

Jura