Notices

95 wrx wagon boosting problems?????

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2011, 09:37 PM
longy82
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 wrx wagon boosting problems?????

hi all i bought an 95 wrx wagon and it was boosting .8psi when i got it run perfect not a problem.now i have bought my mates ecu of his wrx its chipped and was running fine in his and boosts up to 16psi now i got it in mine and its been fine for about 5 weeks with no problem but the other day i was driving normal and when i went to put my foot down it just sounded like the down pipe had fallen of just for a split second and i lost boost bear in mine i had it running at 12psi not 16 like in my mates so anyway when it did that i lost some boost and it wouldnt boost past .8psi so i turned the car of messed with the actuator and got back in the car and it toke of again for about 10mins and did it again.So things i have done changed the actuator/bcs/dumpvalve its really weird cos when i changed the bcs it took of like a bullet but not for right long and for the rest i have done its been the same but today i have just noticed when i leave the car for a bit then go back to it start it up its flys for a bit but what av noticed is that if i boot it from first gear when its ok it holds boost all the way to 12.psi through the gears but when i was just ploddin today in 4 gear 30mph i just put my foot to the floor and it did it straight away it will not go past .8psi no matter wot i do with it. has anyone heard of this b 4 please help thanks guys. matthew