Notices

WRX my53 remapped juddering

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2011, 08:09 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRX my53 remapped juddering

after reading another post i thought i would put this up as i have simular problems. mine to has launch control on it and map switch. after it was mapped there was no problem in the rev range as far as i knew of but what its doing now i put it down to put the wrong ron fuel in as its mapped on v power, but when the freezing wether came thats when i noticed it was playing up. but that was last year and last week we tryed to find the cause, doing runs and logging but it seems to be running fine.

the only thing thats starting to p**s me off now is the fact when i boot it in 3rd then in 4th gear up the rev range at 5000rpm the engine revs stop with no go (foot still floored) like there's nothing nothing nothing then the car jerks until i let off the accelorator,it odes it in low and high map, ive been to the mapper once i think now and its like getting to me now as its only done it since it was mapped october time i think. there must be something wrong with the map but on power runs in 3rd its not showing any faults.
still think it might not be quite write as my boost is waveing up and down when its on half throttle.
its running 20psi on a tdo4, top mount and 12:1 AFR with decat downpipe and cone filter. AFR reading were on SC rollers and when it was open source mapped the AFR was running in the 11's - 11.5's

Last edited by mikescooby; 14 February 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 13 February 2011, 09:16 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

20psi is too high and 12:1afr too lean imho.

The cut sounds like boost cut.

I wouldnt drive it hard in case you cause damage.

Simon
Old 13 February 2011, 09:22 PM
jimbo14prodrive
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So who mapped it? Why dont you get them back again as u have paid for the service...
Old 13 February 2011, 09:23 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

is that to high for that turbo. leaned the mixture and alterd the timemng to give the car more kick when it came on boost. would i be looking at somebody else remapping it or can the map be alterd. it running 267bhp. if i could upload my graph i wpuld
Old 13 February 2011, 09:38 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mikescooby; 13 February 2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: uploaded the wrong graph and uploaded my AFR and BOOST table
Old 13 February 2011, 09:41 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimbo14prodrive
So who mapped it? Why dont you get them back again as u have paid for the service...
hes not doing it now but he seemed to think he knows what hes doing. but he has been helping me out still on the mapping to try and find to see whats causing it
Old 13 February 2011, 09:53 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Yes turbo will be blowing hot air.

That boost and that afr are asking for trouble.

Could there be a split in inlet pipe?

Simon
Old 13 February 2011, 10:08 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

we checked for splits in pipe and to our knolege we cant see anything, the only it thing it used to show up in the log is when it does it foot still floored it showed 0%throttle and show that once or twice going up the revs, but it very's. i just seem to think its a map issue may be but saying that theres no idicatiion in the logs, think it needs some one to have alook to see what it is and if its the map on such on such were it needs queeking and needs fine tuning the i'll just tell him to sort it and this is what ive been told it needs doing as im getting pissed off now and this month its cost me a fortune in fuel
Old 13 February 2011, 11:23 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

i put the wrong graphon and now changed it and put my AFR on

do you think the curves need to be more level then drop. you think it needs improving i know it says 12 on the rollers but said 11.5's on the log on laptop
Old 13 February 2011, 11:43 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At the risk of being glib, why not get the organ grinder to map the car instead of asking the organ grinder how to get the monkey to do it

Sounds to me like you need to employ a seasoned diagnostic mapper
Old 14 February 2011, 12:01 AM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

As mentioned above, the second photo sets off loud alarm bells for a TD04'd WRX on Pump fuel.

If your car is still fairly mechanically standard, I'd suggest you load a standard ROM file to your ecu and then check the car and running parameters for correct operation - fuelling boost etc, rather than risk grenading the motor with the map that gives the results pictured above.

Have you got any log files that you can host, for us to look at?

What do your fuel correction trims, FLKC table and IAM value look like, when viewed with LearningView?

LOL @ 53!

Last edited by FB Tuning; 14 February 2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 14 February 2011, 06:18 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

not sure if he will send me a log. plus im running a walbro uprated fuel pump, the IAM is 16, he says theres no knock at all. when he mapped it the fueling didnt go over 11.2, so not sure why it says that on the rollers.

what would it cost to just check it over but i live in newark,notts
Old 14 February 2011, 07:53 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

IAM at 16 doesnt necessarily mean no knock.

Why do you need it checked? The proof there is an issue is in the dyno plot.

The hessitation is either boost cut or Due to fuelling.

Simon
Old 14 February 2011, 07:54 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Your location is no issue btw I am in notts on friday, but really you need original mapper to fix it or refund you else you'll be paying twice.

Simon
Old 14 February 2011, 08:12 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

i know what your saying, the runs have been logged while it plays up and also looked at by another mapper that he knows and hes also phoned him up while we was in the car at the time. hes got everything that he needs for logging to see if he can find the course. all im doing is taking the car to him haveing det can fitted logging what the car is doing, now i know nothing about mapping and ive sat there with him and he cant seem to find what its doing wrong, wed night im going back and were turning off lauch control and valet mode and see what that does. hes also going to do me a power run graph.
Old 14 February 2011, 08:23 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Id take the hit and pay twice. At least then fb tuning (or whoever you choose) can sort it before you turn your engine into a heavy paperweight.
Chase the original 'mapper' after if you have to, but treat it as a lesson learnt.
Old 14 February 2011, 08:29 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

if its got to look that way im not haveing it mapped the same HP id rather goto sti pinks intercooler and i have a td05H that i bought on here but its got flipping up and down play on the shaft and im not confident on rebuilding it myself so will have to pay someone else to do it if i can find one, midland turbo's are not sure if they can do it so i got to take it to them and show them
Old 14 February 2011, 08:44 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just get it mapped properly by someone recommended. Two of the finest have already posted on this thread . Subsequent map tweaks from the same mapper won't be as expensive when you come to add further mods, no time to lose fella !
Old 15 February 2011, 05:54 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikescooby
i know what your saying, the runs have been logged while it plays up and also looked at by another mapper that he knows and hes also phoned him up while we was in the car at the time. hes got everything that he needs for logging to see if he can find the course. all im doing is taking the car to him haveing det can fitted logging what the car is doing, now i know nothing about mapping and ive sat there with him and he cant seem to find what its doing wrong, wed night im going back and were turning off lauch control and valet mode and see what that does. hes also going to do me a power run graph.
Not surprising you have turbo issues with 20psi and 12:1afr

If you need to use the car more you may cause more damage.

Simon
Old 15 February 2011, 06:34 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

ok so if go for another remap. at the moment i have a decated down pipe with the upipe still catted and a cold feed induction kit, walbro fuel pump, also have td05H i want to put on but needs a rebuild first, then im wanting to get sti pinks, now what power would i achieve with the standard wrx intercooler compaired to the sti.

as i dont know much about tuning, but at the moment im looking at buying what i need so i going for a remap again later on. also i only use my car at the weekends if i need it but mainly stood for 6 days a week
Old 16 February 2011, 10:07 PM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

problem now reslved, turned off launch control and valet mode, and gave it a run in 3rd and 4th gear and not doing it now, turns out it neutral position sensor is vaulty
Old 17 February 2011, 01:14 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Should take speed as an input to launch control.

You still have that lean afr and too high boost to resolve though

Simon
Old 17 February 2011, 08:24 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikescooby
i have a td05H that i bought on here but its got flipping up and down play on the shaft and im not confident on rebuilding it myself
A small amount of play if you rock each wheel up and down is normal - the slack is taken up by oil when pressurised.
If the whole wheel/shaft assembly can be moved in and out then it indicates wear.