Notices

alarms

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2011, 09:35 AM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarms

hi all can anyone help me i have a impreza 2000 turbo on a w plate 2000 i want to disable the alarm system or wever it can be removed as i want to fit a remote starter system .does most of the alarms on these cars come as standard as this is the first scooby ive ever owned on the back of fob its got mt1340 and the fob has a blue front with subaru written on it in white .if this is any help any help would be great or if u need more info or pics

thanks paul

Last edited by scoobypaul1; 07 January 2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07 January 2011, 09:50 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any attempt to disable the alarm or add anything to it if you are not a qualified engineer will invalidate the cat 1 status of said alarm system (which then will invalidate your insurance policy)
You need to take your car to a sigma alarm speciallist or a qualified car alarm engineer and get them to do the work

Tony
Old 07 January 2011, 06:57 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

quite easy mate have the mt removed and if u really want remote engine start DO NOT use anything other than clifford or viper, the cheap ebay one's try to start the car while ur driving it lol, i have been an alarm fitter for over 15 years now and have seen some shocking stuff,

as for what tony said to the status thatham only test the alarm as it is given to them and fitted straight out the box, they do not test any extra channel outputs or even change the siren tone's, so if u need a cat:1 then just have a cat:1 fitted if u don't require an alarm system for ur insurance then knock ya self out if u want 1 with all the bits i can highky recommend the avantgaurd 5.1 and also the intellistart 5, all the latest security systems from directed electronics, price wise you can expect to pay anything from £400 upwards of what i have just said on the alarm, just choose a good reliable comapny i will not say names on here just try not to use a certan mobile company with a name like a clothes brand
Old 07 January 2011, 10:38 PM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

hi thanks for that i am sorry to sound dum but how do i go about removing the mt and what is a mt is it remote transmitter or somthing look forward to hearing from you

paul
Old 08 January 2011, 09:40 AM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

could be anywhere but i would say that if u remove the housing above ur knee look to the right of the sterring colum u might see a goldish box with some tamper proof screws in it, just go from there remove all tape follow alarm loom and reove at the connction points, solder up all the joints and remove box, and there ya go car is now alarm free, there may be a few other box's ie: ultrasonic senors remote locking modules
Old 08 January 2011, 05:25 PM
scoobypaul1
Scooby Newbie

thanks ive managed to remove it and getting ready to fit new one i will let you know how it goes

thanks paul