The Best Tuning Packages

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2010, 02:41 PM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Best Tuning Packages

Hi,
Been looking at Performance Packages for my 2006 Hawkeye WRX - I'm way confused with the differing packages available - some with full exhausts, some with back boxes and downpipes only, some with panel filters and others with induction kits...the only thing they seems to share is price (circa £1200), re-map and bhp (approx. 275). Which one is the best? Price and performance considering. From the research I've gathered these are the main contenders...thoughts please - especially cheaper ways to achieve the same bhp considering I'm no mechanic.
Cheers Scoobynet !

Powerstation Street Legal Package
http://www.powerstation.org.uk/subaru_tuning.asp

Scoobyclinic Performance Package 1
http://www.scoobyclinic.com/services...x2001-2006.htm

Scoobyworld Perf. Pack
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1504

PPP
http://www.prodrive.com/products_lev...ml?id=108&p=12

Have I missed any off?
Cheers
Old 28 September 2010, 03:22 PM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

firstly-----.all depends on how much of a rush your in, if you take your time you can pick the parts up here or other forums and save yourself a few quid, then all you pay for is a remap.

secondly--- will you be happy with that power or will you want more ie, bigger turbo

handling mods need to be looked at too

the list goes on

jim
Old 28 September 2010, 06:13 PM
wrx0211
Scooby Regular

andy forrest dis a guide on his site 4 engine only mods and what power 2 expect.
Old 28 September 2010, 06:51 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

id swap turbo for sti one sti tmic 2nd hand .... injectors and 3" exhaust full one
Old 29 September 2010, 07:22 AM
MartynJ
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner Plymouth for 4wd RR Mapping Apexi Ecutek Alcatek Proper Garage More than just a laptop!
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to swap the injectors, all the 2.5's have the same injectors whether WRX or STi.
A sport cat or full decat, turbo and intercooler mentioned above and you have a 330-350bhp package.
Stock airbox and a panel filter replacement will be fine at this level.
Old 29 September 2010, 11:10 AM
andy.downes
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. I think the scoobyclinic seems to be the one most go for. I'm looking for an STI Intercooler, pipe and Undertray to compliment it if anybody has one going?
Cheers
Old 07 April 2011, 12:56 PM
Blkmagik
Scooby Newbie

Default Prodrive or powerstation

Hi, I'm looking to get a prodrive performance pack for my hawkeye sti 07 plate. I only bought the car last week. It's box standard with only 8,000 on the clock. Having previously owned an Evo fq 360 and a WR1 prior to that. I really need to get the car roaring again! The issue I have is I still have 12 months warranty left with Subaru. Is it worth me jeopardising the warranty and go with powerstation etc or should I go with the prodrive kit? I have never modified any of my cars before so would really appreciate ur input on this. Thanks
Old 07 April 2011, 01:01 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blkmagik
Hi, I'm looking to get a prodrive performance pack for my hawkeye sti 07 plate. I only bought the car last week. It's box standard with only 8,000 on the clock. Having previously owned an Evo fq 360 and a WR1 prior to that. I really need to get the car roaring again! The issue I have is I still have 12 months warranty left with Subaru. Is it worth me jeopardising the warranty and go with powerstation etc or should I go with the prodrive kit? I have never modified any of my cars before so would really appreciate ur input on this. Thanks
Just wait fella.
Old 07 April 2011, 06:54 PM
Dougmy06wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blkmagik

I thought the ppp was ok with Subaru Warranty. But I think if you buy the parts yourself and remap it then you will get more gains as the ppp is only a generic map.

I have 2006 wrx with full 3" decat and headers, vf43 turbo and sti tmic and k&n panel filter and I was running around 330bhp.

Doug