Notices

many problems?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2010, 10:46 PM
d7nmr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default many problems?

ive got a wrx sti classic and was involved in a accident a few months ago anyway its in the process of gettin repaired now and i needed a new radiator and power steering pump. got the parts and put them in, oversly i needed to bleed the radiator but when i started it after a couple of weeks i cam up with a few problems.

first was it idled funny, revving by itself upto about 3k and then coming down back to 1.5k, never sat and idled like it should do, could it be due to the radiator not bleeded yet?

second was the power steering pump, its got a sensor on the back and the replacement i brought didnt have the sensor (it was cut off right to the end) so i couldnt connect that so just put the new one in, is this important and how important.

So why is my car idling funny and can the above have links? also the "check engine" light has come on, it dont turn on straight away only after about 30 seconds.

Why does my poor scooby idle funny and why is the check engine light on.

Helps really appreciated guys.
Old 26 September 2010, 11:10 PM
Big 'D'
Scooby Regular

If your ecu is the OEM standard one you can connect 2 single pin black connectors under the dash on the drivers side (look up from the pedals, they will be next to a set of 2 pin green connectors), once connected turn the ignition to the 'ON' position (dash lights on engine off), you should see the 'check engine light' flash, a slow flash = x10 and a fast flash =x 1, eg x2 slow and x6 fast =26. There may be more than one code stored so watch the sequence for a while to ensure you get all the codes, they repeat in a loop. Once happy turn off the ignition, unplug the black 1 pin connectors and let us know what you have found.

Cheers Iain
Old 27 September 2010, 07:11 AM
kevin wrx
Scooby Regular

Could be a faulty air flow sensor or maf but do a code check first