Notices

2000 Bugeye Smoking On idle Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2010, 02:01 PM
bathspray
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Bugeye Smoking On idle Help Please

Well its just undergone a full engine rebuild with all new valves seals etc at JDM Motorsport Doncaster. We went to Blackpool Lights the other night in it and whilst stuck in traffic lots of steam/white smoke come from exhaust. When you are driving normally absolutely nothing and when you are stationery and put the throttle in at around 2000 revs smoke disappears??
The engine was rebuilt as the old one threw a conrod through the block and threw oil absolutely everywere. Its now done about 300 miles since the rebuild so i would have thought that any oil from engine blow would have gone by now.

Has anyone any ideas what it maybe and how to rectify it please. Its just a little embarrassing as everyone must think its a wreck.

Cheers
Old 25 September 2010, 06:10 PM
kevin wrx
Scooby Regular

If it's a damp night it could be condensation in the exhaust as long as it's not blue smoke and u ain't loosing water I wouldn't worry to much but might be worth talking to the engine builders
Old 25 September 2010, 06:35 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bathspray
Well its just undergone a full engine rebuild with all new valves seals etc at JDM Motorsport Doncaster. We went to Blackpool Lights the other night in it and whilst stuck in traffic lots of steam/white smoke come from exhaust. When you are driving normally absolutely nothing and when you are stationery and put the throttle in at around 2000 revs smoke disappears??
The engine was rebuilt as the old one threw a conrod through the block and threw oil absolutely everywere. Its now done about 300 miles since the rebuild so i would have thought that any oil from engine blow would have gone by now.

Has anyone any ideas what it maybe and how to rectify it please. Its just a little embarrassing as everyone must think its a wreck.

Cheers
seals on turbo i had a rebuild and the turbo needed renewing after woulds