Notices

Subaru exhaust swap over?

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2010, 08:39 PM
jaseman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaru exhaust swap over?

Hi guys I have just got myself a standard cat downpipe to swap over from the decat on my 2001 WRX cos I'm sick of the check engine keep coming on ref the emissions from the decat, but my question is : is it an easy job to do if I was to do it myself or would it be best for a garage to do it? It looks like it's just bolt off bolt on, is it that straight forward ?
Any help would be appreciated
Old 24 September 2010, 08:52 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

The car should have been remapped if running a decat.A decent mapper will sort out the CEL.
Old 24 September 2010, 09:03 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaseman
Hi guys I have just got myself a standard cat downpipe to swap over from the decat on my 2001 WRX cos I'm sick of the check engine keep coming on ref the emissions from the decat, but my question is : is it an easy job to do if I was to do it myself or would it be best for a garage to do it? It looks like it's just bolt off bolt on, is it that straight forward ?
Any help would be appreciated
hi mate i have changed a cupple of em, 1 being today, i fitted the decat center section(straight thro) and also a sports cat down pipe.
it is really easy to change the down pipe mate, arm yourself with a can of plus gas (as bolts are none to snap/ringoff) and away you go. remove turbo heat sheild(its abit of a pain as the bolts are in the orqadist places),unplug lambda,then just a case of undoing the bolts under neith (get the car on front axel stands) and then bk uptop to the ones that hold it to the turbo. make sure you get new gaskets especially for the one that sits between turbo and down pipe(£19 i payed and thats the cheepest i could find a o.e 1 inc delivery) i got it from here and it came nxt day www.cotcomp.com hope this helps you
Old 25 September 2010, 12:06 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want genuine subaru gaskets cheaper than the main dealer you can also try these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Subaru-Impreza...item518fc5d91f
Old 25 September 2010, 12:22 AM
FB Tuning
Former Sponsor

Rather than swapping the exhaust downpipe back to standard, i can disable the faultcode in the ecu, and adjust the boost, fuelling, and ignition timing, if you like

Drop me a PM if you're interested.