Notices

Turbo smart dumpvalve

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2010, 04:09 PM
the_baz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo smart dumpvalve

I no Alot of you guys don't like dumpvales like this but I do I'm afraid lol. Just wondering if any one can advise me which is a good one to get for my rb320 and I've bin told that the turbo smart ones are good if any one knows any thing about them eg how good they are. I've put one on it before. It was a cheap second hand one and even think it may of been a copy hks and it made my car run like poo so just want to get it right this time

Thanks alot

James
Old 03 September 2010, 06:01 PM
the_baz
Scooby Regular

Any one??
Old 03 September 2010, 06:15 PM
Tazman861
Scooby Regular

I have a turbosmart dual trumpet DV and it sounds awesome, never caused me any problems BUT I keep reading about removing DVs as it smoothes out gearchanges, I might try without just to see if its better or worse.
Old 04 September 2010, 12:47 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a baileys,forge ,turbosmart in the past ,and finally stayed with a blitz bov.A bit better made than the most and have the ability to adjust rather than buy stronger springs - quite loud too.
They do have a tendancy to make your engine run a little rich due to excess air vta,which is why you get smoother changes with the recirculating valve as the excess air is fed back into the turbo inlet,helping to keep the system pressurised.
Old 04 September 2010, 08:39 AM
stef28-2008
Scooby Regular

ive just fitted the turbo smart super sonic 2 days ago its loud lol
Old 04 September 2010, 01:02 PM
ctommo88
Scooby Newbie

The turbosmart supersonic is one of the best the impreza I believe. I have however just removed mine and notice better fuel econ and a lot more power. They do sound very nice though esspecially with a K&N typhoon, the dump has like a chattering sound not just a weak hiss like the cheapo ones have. Never go cheap with your car dude!
Old 04 September 2010, 01:38 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ctommo88
The turbosmart supersonic is one of the best the impreza I believe. I have however just removed mine and notice better fuel econ and a lot more power. They do sound very nice though esspecially with a K&N typhoon, the dump has like a chattering sound not just a weak hiss like the cheapo ones have. Never go cheap with your car dude!
Really
Old 05 September 2010, 12:26 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ctommo88
I cant see personally how you would notice more power,smoother changes yes,but more power,unless you have a graph or printout to substantiate your claims,as the excess air that is now being vented back into your inlet tract is merely pressuring the turbo momentarily which will allow for smoother changes,unless of course your dumpvalve is knackered..
Old 05 September 2010, 11:12 AM
ctommo88
Scooby Newbie

I have several mates with scoobies and they too say they noticed mixed problems with dumpvalves such as MAFM and engine idol issues and power loss one has all three :S know idea why to be honest. Subaru design theyre resirc valve like that for a reason, the japs aint daft.
Old 05 September 2010, 01:15 PM
Tomwrx
Scooby Regular

i tried to turbosmart d/v but liked the sound of the hks ssqv better, ive been runnig it like this for over a yr now and had no probs with it or the running of the car,

alot of people like them,a lot dont, it comes down to personal choice