Notices

what else to check

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2010, 02:59 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post what else to check

hi fellas, right many of you will know but for tho`s who dont- i own a 97 uk 2000 turbo, its standard apart from a d.v which was already fitted when i bort the car. i started to get a hesitation prob under light throttle but when i stick my foot down the prob goes. it also does it when maintaining speed it seems to miss slightly . i noticed that when i stopped i could hear the boost solenoid clicking away and the car was idling abit high, since changing the maf i have not noticed this.
I've changed the oil+filter+fuel filter+spark plugs+maf and still have this hesitation prob.
today im going to clean the boost control solenoid and thoroughly inspect all the pipes again, and inter-cooler. is it worth me cleaning the idle speed control valve and where would this be ??? any one else know what i could inspect whilst am at it or what could be causing this prob. cheers all
Old 28 August 2010, 03:24 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

Do the cooling fans run aswell? if so the diagnostic connectors could be plugged together as the boost solenoid clicks when doing an ecu reset.
Old 28 August 2010, 04:35 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jdc1
Do the cooling fans run aswell? if so the diagnostic connectors could be plugged together as the boost solenoid clicks when doing an ecu reset.

NO mate they are not connected as done a ecu reset. its starting to realy pee me off
Old 28 August 2010, 04:43 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboaddict
hi fellas, right many of you will know but for tho`s who dont- i own a 97 uk 2000 turbo, its standard apart from a d.v which was already fitted when i bort the car. i started to get a hesitation prob under light throttle but when i stick my foot down the prob goes. it also does it when maintaining speed it seems to miss slightly . i noticed that when i stopped i could hear the boost solenoid clicking away and the car was idling abit high, since changing the maf i have not noticed this.
I've changed the oil+filter+fuel filter+spark plugs+maf and still have this hesitation prob.
today im going to clean the boost control solenoid and thoroughly inspect all the pipes again, and inter-cooler. is it worth me cleaning the idle speed control valve and where would this be ??? any one else know what i could inspect whilst am at it or what could be causing this prob. cheers all
Did you try the ECU reset as i suggested?? See this thread.

The Boost Control Solenoid is located on the driver side turret and looks some thing like this

Other than that i suggest new plug leads (don't think you have individual coil packs on your MY) and try a OE recirc in place of the VTA DV. You could try removing the DV and bunging the open pipe work, if that solves the issues then it's defo the DV at fault
Old 28 August 2010, 05:07 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Did you try the ECU reset as i suggested?? See this thread.

The Boost Control Solenoid is located on the driver side turret and looks some thing like this

Other than that i suggest new plug leads (don't think you have individual coil packs on your MY) and try a OE recirc in place of the VTA DV. You could try removing the DV and bunging the open pipe work, if that solves the issues then it's defo the DV at fault
hi mate the dv seems to be working fine as it still makes that ghastly noise lol will look out for a oe recirc. iam getting to the point where am jst gona take it to a garage. aint got money to chuck at them really but its driving me crazy and i jst want my car to run as it should!!! could it even be the lambda sencer in the exhaust or a hole in it some where fak knows. could a blown exhaust course shutch a prob coz when i put my foot down its fine.
Old 28 August 2010, 07:19 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

The lambda sensor can cause a hesitation at light throttle and like you say a blow in the exhaust before the sensor could cause an incorrect reading and as b13bat said above the dv can also cause problems.

Last edited by JdcTypeR; 28 August 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 28 August 2010, 07:29 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jdc1
The lambda sensor can cause a hesitation at light throttle and like you say a blow in the exhaust before the sensor could cause an incorrect reading and as b13bat said above the dv can also cause problems.
thank you i will check this out when i fit my new up pipe

Trending Topics

Old 28 August 2010, 07:33 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Get one from here if you need one, don't be tempted by an ebay cheapo, i was, it lasted less than 100 miles
Old 28 August 2010, 08:00 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Get one from here if you need one, don't be tempted by an ebay cheapo, i was, it lasted less than 100 miles
nice 1 steve,
god i thought £5 joby lol did you get the universal 1
Old 28 August 2010, 08:09 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Yeah mines the 3 wire, not sure if you have 2 or 3 wire but the Bosch unit is the job