Quick question about CEL codes

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2010, 12:10 PM
SteveMy96wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about CEL codes

Prefacelift WRX with scoobychip.

I was wondering if a fault is detected (in my case 45 - pressure sensor) would it be stored multiple times or just once? It occurred to me rather than seeing the same code repeated I could be looking through a long list of the same code - with the possibility of a different code being at the bottom of the list!

Cheers
Old 20 August 2010, 12:14 PM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

IIRC it should only be stored as one code, but im sure someone else will be able to confirm 100%
Old 20 August 2010, 12:59 PM
greendragonkungfu
Scooby Regular

as far as mine goes i had 2 faults when i bought it, the 2 codes were just repeated continually. clear the codes and see what happens then.
Old 20 August 2010, 04:04 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

sorry to jump in on the thread.. I too have a code 45 pressure sensor fault..it keeps coming back after ecu resets... Does anybody know how to remedy this ??
Old 20 August 2010, 04:13 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveMy96wrx
I was wondering if a fault is detected (in my case 45 - pressure sensor) would it be stored multiple times or just once?
Ummm, technically it can be stored twice - as either a current, active error, or an historic one (i.e. something that was a problem but isn't one right now). However, as Djandyg says you will only see one instance of each code once, whether active, historic or both. When you connect the black plugs to enable read memory mode it just repeats whatever codes ad infinitum until you disconnect the plugs.

Originally Posted by codfather
sorry to jump in on the thread.. I too have a code 45 pressure sensor fault..it keeps coming back after ecu resets... Does anybody know how to remedy this ??
Can't tell you how to remedy it, but can tell you the possible causes, which will lead you to the remedy when you work through them.

You have a failure either in the pressure sensor itself, the pressure source change solenoid, or a short/open circuit in their wiring looms back to the ECU.
Old 20 August 2010, 07:51 PM
codfather
Scooby Regular

hi, which is the pressure sensor and the pressure source change solenoid...?
Sorry again to be a pain!

Originally Posted by Splitpin

Can't tell you how to remedy it, but can tell you the possible causes, which will lead you to the remedy when you work through them.

You have a failure either in the pressure sensor itself, the pressure source change solenoid, or a short/open circuit in their wiring looms back to the ECU.
Old 20 August 2010, 08:56 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Both are on the plate attached to the front of the offside front suspension turret. PSCS is (should be) a brown plastic cylinder and the pressure sensor itself a small piece of black plastic. The two should be connected together with a small piece of pipe. If you click Search you'll find some pics identifying them.