Notices

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2010, 07:18 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question what should i do?

hi all, i have a 51 reg wrx ppp bugeye. i have a full decat and an afterburner vortex backbox, uprated walbro fuel pump, cone air filter. i am currently at around 270 bhp, and i want more power. there is two options. option 1 is to buy a sti ppp ecu and drop it in along with some sti pink injectors and then it should be 305 bhp, the downside to this is that i think the sti has AVCS and the wrx doesn't, could this be a problem? the other option is to put in some sti pinks, a td05 16g turbo and remap it, that should give me around 330 bhp safely.

which option would you recommend and could anyone tell me the downside of fitting a sti ecu to a wrx. thanks in advance
Old 04 July 2010, 07:27 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The downside of fitting an STI ecu is that it wont work, simple.
Then you have the problem that your turbo isnt the same as an STI's (its smaller and runs out of steam around 280bhp), so your next step would be to upgrade the brakes, the standard ones are not exactly good with 270bhp going through them, then its the injectors (the STI ones are a good upgrade), a fuel pump, possably a new top mounted intercooler (depends on how far you want to go) and a new turbo (one of the vf series, anything from a 24 to a 35 will do, the 34/35 being the bigger 2 out of the lot).
Exhaust, remap and off you go then wait for your clutch and gearbox to go

Tony
Old 04 July 2010, 07:36 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

cheers mate, in that case ill get a bigger turbo and injectors and then a remap, as im getting brembos and already have a uprated fule pump and a full through decatted exhaust system. thanks.
Old 04 July 2010, 07:44 PM
Billet
Scooby Regular

another quick question mate, how much bhp/torque can my clutch and gearbox take safely.