immobiliser stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2010, 05:54 PM
azza_20
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default immobiliser stopped working

Hi to all,

I have a 2001 impreza sport with a cat 1 sigma immobiliser, think its the factory fitted one.

A while ago it stopped working won't lock or unlock the car or start the engine either.

Have replaced the battaries but still does not work which has left me to having to use the immobilliser keypad in the glove box everytime i want to start the car.

I have to lock the car with the key which doesn't set the immobilliser or alarm.

Has anyone had similar problems and how did you resolve, or any ideas on how to resolve?

What would be the best aftermarket immobiliser to fit?
Old 18 June 2010, 06:26 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can still disarm the system via the keypad, then it is still working. If you've replaced the batteries on the remote and the light comes on then the remote is still working. Incidentally, do you have more than one remote? Your car should have come with two - so if you have a second one, give it a try. If you only have the one, then it's always possible that there's a fault of some sort with the remote, so a second one would be worth getting hold of.

First thing to do, given that you have access to the keypad, would be to re-authorise your remote. Have a search for the instructions on how to do this - or pop over to the SIDC forums and read Sigma Sam's posts - all you need will be there.

Your Sigma alarm technically is an aftermarket product (albeit one fitted by the importer before the car was delivered to the dealer) - and given that it's already Cat1 rated, it's a bit premature to talk about replacing it at this point, especially when the chances are your problem can be fixed by a few presses of the keypad. That's the first thing to rule out.

Last edited by Splitpin; 18 June 2010 at 06:27 PM.