Notices

Problem!! Please help??????

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2010, 10:45 PM
blue00
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem!! Please help??????

I have just had my car remapped (Yesterday). its a 04 wrx sti type uk. have been driving the car quite a bit since i had it done yesterday, but not really hard all the time.
I have just been out and was going fairly quick, when i lost power (acceleration) for literally a split second and heard a loud bang and the engine management light came on? Any ideas??
I have also noticed at certain times when i hold the car at certain rpms the car seams to be very very slightly holding back VERY slightly then going faster, then holding back slightly and on and on?
I thought i could hear the turbo spining fast then slower then fast then slower just before i heard the bang.
The car is running at about 1.4 bar.
When it was remapped it seams to be running a lot smoother and quicker. Other than the above, I have had no problems with the car since.
I have used exactly the same fuel out of the same petrol pump, before, during and after the mapping.
I have also had the "pill" in the pipe changed to restrict the flow more.

?????????

I have checked for any oil since i have parked up and have checked around the engine and evrything is fine.
The car seams to be running ok, but i havn't pushed it at all since the above happened.

Please help!!! Getting it put on launch tomorrow morning to see why the light came on!

I have just had a thought and checked and i was right. When the tech guy put a different "pill" in to further resrict the flow. he took the special metal clips on either end of the pipe and they are not there now??!!???

Rob