Notices

how do i remove intake pipe on my uk 2000 t reg impreza

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2010, 08:59 PM
rickbartlett
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do i remove intake pipe on my uk 2000 t reg impreza

as above,mine has split where it joins turbo so going to order a new one,does anyone know how to get it out as its under inlet manifold,i tried for ages today and gave up,any help would be appreciated.just cant see a way of getting it out without takin inlet manifold off
cheers
Old 04 June 2010, 09:29 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Take the manifold off. Saves a lot of swearing and, ultimately, time.
Old 04 June 2010, 09:44 PM
1234michaelm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Take the manifold off. Saves a lot of swearing and, ultimately, time.
that's the one, but you will still be swearing at it.
Old 04 June 2010, 09:47 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

manifold all the way, unless you chop it up, but when you come to fit the new one, again you really need the manifold off.
Old 05 June 2010, 12:49 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

I have fitted 2 samco induction pipes in the last 4 months ,1 to my old t reg uk classic(jan 2010) and another 2 weeks ago on my w reg uk classic before taking it to bob rawle for remap.
Your old induction hose will need to be cut in two to get it out,if you use a stanley blade and cut off the 2 vacume hoses by the turbo,this makes it easier to remove the pipe.
Once you have it out the fun begins,get your new induction hose and rub fairy liquid over the pipe,and slowly feed it back under the inlet manifold,making sure you keep the smaller of the vacume hoses(top one)angled to the right so it misses on the bridge under the inlet manifold.You must take your time and ease it in gently so you do not damage the pipework,once you have it under ,it will slide straight through,then make sure you hold it pushed to the turbo ,when you tighten(not to tight) it back on to the turbo compressor,fit the remaining(2) vacume hoses and away you go.

You can have ago and try it and if it seems to difficult then you will have to go down the remove the inlet manifold route,but i did a search on here and it seemed the general concensus was the manifold had to be removed,which would incur more cost as new gaskets and other bits were needed,so tried an alternative. The 1st time took me about 20 mins to fit ,last time only took 15,hope this helps.
Old 05 June 2010, 07:05 AM
rickbartlett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
I have fitted 2 samco induction pipes in the last 4 months ,1 to my old t reg uk classic(jan 2010) and another 2 weeks ago on my w reg uk classic before taking it to bob rawle for remap.
Your old induction hose will need to be cut in two to get it out,if you use a stanley blade and cut off the 2 vacume hoses by the turbo,this makes it easier to remove the pipe.
Once you have it out the fun begins,get your new induction hose and rub fairy liquid over the pipe,and slowly feed it back under the inlet manifold,making sure you keep the smaller of the vacume hoses(top one)angled to the right so it misses on the bridge under the inlet manifold.You must take your time and ease it in gently so you do not damage the pipework,once you have it under ,it will slide straight through,then make sure you hold it pushed to the turbo ,when you tighten(not to tight) it back on to the turbo compressor,fit the remaining(2) vacume hoses and away you go.

You can have ago and try it and if it seems to difficult then you will have to go down the remove the inlet manifold route,but i did a search on here and it seemed the general concensus was the manifold had to be removed,which would incur more cost as new gaskets and other bits were needed,so tried an alternative. The 1st time took me about 20 mins to fit ,last time only took 15,hope this helps.
cheers mate its worth a go,i cant think wot it is but the main thing in the way is at front of the engine bay just in front of where it needs to slide under the manifold,
i wonder if many ppl have rebuilt engines and then relised they got to take inlet back off to fit induction pipe
Old 05 June 2010, 08:06 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate forgot to mention that I slackened off the power steering pump bolts and removed them this gives you enough clearence to be able to slide your new hose straight in. While we are on the subject rather than fit another cheap plastic original hose which is quite restrictive, have a search around on eBay or pistonheads. Samco hoses are regarded as the best you can buy, and cost over £200.00 . I bought one in jan for £50,and got another 3 weeks ago for £35, which is what I imagine an o/e hose might cost you from a dealer. IMHO

Trending Topics

Old 09 June 2010, 06:17 PM
rickbartlett
Scooby Regular

cheers mate,yeah i wasnt plannin on fittin a standard one,seen similar to samco ones on ebay for 40quid
Old 09 June 2010, 07:03 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Samco or Viper are the only ones that you can be all but sure of not collapsing under full boost, as they have reinforced steel bands embedded 'twixt the silicone plies.

Samco brand new, around £200. Viper one is c.£169 brand new.

I picked up a 2nd hand Samco MY97/98 (for my future mods) on eBay for only £80........ It's bloody orange though! LOL

I'd hold out for a second hand MY99/00 one, so as to save on serious moolah....

Last edited by joz8968; 09 June 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10 June 2010, 08:34 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

As joz has said better off with a samco as if you try to fit the standard induction pipe,without taking off the manifold it will certainly end up being damaged.Just look around some bargains to be had if you look around,if you have no joy this might be an alternative.

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Subaru-Imp...pe/p-23-1-383/

Last edited by midnight; 10 June 2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11 June 2010, 09:55 AM
rickbartlett
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
As joz has said better off with a samco as if you try to fit the standard induction pipe,without taking off the manifold it will certainly end up being damaged.Just look around some bargains to be had if you look around,if you have no joy this might be an alternative.

http://www.japspeed.co.uk/Subaru-Imp...pe/p-23-1-383/
bargain cheers